“Great location, responsive service”
Review of Lanchid 19 Hotel

Lanchid 19 Hotel
Ranked #79 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 11 April 2012

The Lanchid is conveniently located at the bottom of the Buda castle and only a few minutes (you have to cross the Danube on the Lanchíd bridge) from the old town (Pest). Our reservation worked well despite being very short notice, we always got quick email responses. The room was on the fourth floor had a nice view of the Buda castle plus was very quiet and well maintained. For us, on the downside, the beds were way too hard so we didn't sleep very well. The sleep quality rating is only low because of this, if you like hard beds, you'll have no trouble sleeping well at the Lanchíd.

As others have written, staff was always friendly and helpful, but the Restaurant and Bar underdelivers. We had not-so-good cocktails and Caesar Salad which came with a clear vinaigrette and without any hint of Parmesan cheese, but instead with dry chicken. We recommend eating out, there is a lovely little café and a great restaurant (that also offers different very good breakfast options, it's called Baldaszti's Kitchen) down the road.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 April 2012

This hotel is located right next to the River Danube, near the Chain Bridge, and in front of Buda Castle - what more could you wish for? We managed to get the room at a very reasonable rate, on special through Booking.com - the normal rates are perhaps a little high. The rooms were clean, roomy, and beds comfortable. It is only a 10 min walk across the Chain bridge to the Pest side of the river. WiFi access was acceptable, but breakfast was on the expensive side, so I would advise finding one of the many eating places on the Pest side of the river. Could be a problem if you have a car, as parking seemed very limited, although plentiful short term parking is available in front of the Hotel.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We stayed here at the end of March 2012 for a 3 day mid-week break.

The hotel is ideally situated on the Danube at the foot of Buda Hill beneath the castle.

Check in was very friendly and quick and our Deluxe room overlooked the river and Lanchid Bridge. The room was well appointed without being luxurious. The bathroom was a beautiful burnt orange and brown affair with a shower large enough for 2. The beds were a little firm for us but the bedding was excellent. The furniture was a little battered around the edges but very clean.

Breakfast was generous and of a very high quality. It was buffet style with a good choice and food was replenished quickly.

We wouldn't visit Budapest again but would recommend the hotel to anyone wanting a quality place to stay.

Room Tip: The rooms at the front of the hotel have a view of the Danube.
Reviewed 28 March 2012

I stayed here for one night only, and I will be back again.

The Lanchid Hotel is a very cool hotel, and my room was not only very modern, but extremely functional, with a comfortable and large desk area to work at. I had a room overlooking the Danube and the chain bridge, and it was just beautiful at night.

I love a decent bathroom, and I had the best most relaxing bath ever in this hotel... I am redesigning my bathroom at home now because I want the style of bath that they had in those rooms! It just made my day after a long long day of meetings and travelling.

The breakfast buffet wasn't anything special, but it was included in my rate, so can't complain.

Even though I was here on business, I think that this is a great hotel for a romantic break away, I hope to come back to the Lanchid Hotel with my other half soon.

Room Tip: Get a room with a view over the Danube, it's so incredibly beautiful.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank lapeltje
Reviewed 27 March 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in March 2012 and had an amazing time. The hotel was modern, spotlessly clean and the staff could not do enough for us. We had a deluxe room with the most amazing view of the Danube, included in our room rate was a lovely buffet breakfast which included omelettes made to order which were very nice. The hotel was located directly underneath The Palace and was ideally located to explore both side of the city and there were a number of lovely restaurants close by. A special mention has to go to the Pater Marcus Abbey bar and restaurant which was located very close by and was well worth a visit. The food, service and beer selection was amazing. I would recommend this hotel to everyone and would definately consider returning on my next trip to Budapest.

Room Tip: Go for deluxe room to get the view
3  Thank RebeccaG