See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 2 January 2017

Lack of bath towels, water not warm enough to take shower, terrible design of bathroom, scouse wet floor in whole bathrobe after one min. of taking shower.
Very uncomfortable bed and pillows. Week and unpleasant furnishings.
Room was not serviced. Unable to pay by card (supposedly terminal problem).
Worst hotel I have ever been. Considering price even worse.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paweł C
Reviewed 24 November 2016

I should preface this by saying we read reviews beforehand. We were attracted by the price and location. Please check out the visitor photos if you are doing the same.

Good points:
Location is excellent;
WiFi is excellent in room 7 (as a previous traveller mentioned that it is inconsistent in other rooms);
It was fairly clean (more on this later);
It was warm (more on this later);
Access is 24hr.

Bad points:
There is no reception, so to speak. You go into the restaurant. We were told to sit and wait for someone (not sure who) and promptly ignored by the staff for 20 minutes. When I finally got up and asked a different staff member who had just come on, he checked us in fairly efficiently, and was generally helpful (tall man in his early 20's with dark hair, for future reference. Don't ask anyone else). When we were left alone in the room, we inspected carefully because of previous reviews. The toilet was stained beneath the waterline but looked clean above it, and there were watermarks on the taps which come from not being cleaned properly. However, that appeared to be the worst of it, so we overlooked it. There were clean sheets and clean towels.

The room was HOT. We discovered that both radiators were on, so we attempted to switch them off. Only one would switch off. There is an air conditioning unit, but it doesn't work.

The bunk bed is actually made of two normal single beds nailed together with a couple of pieces of wood. Fortunately, we didn't need the top bed.

The mattresses on the bunk bed were camping mattresses; I pulled the top one off and piled it on top of the one on the bottom so I wouldn't need physiotherapy when I got home.

The lights don't all work.

There was a pair of shoes in the wardrobe.

The shower was not sealed.

The shower...well that was probably the worst, worst thing about this room. The water was only hot on the hottest setting. At this setting, it was also a dribble. I have very long, thick hair so I need some pressure to wash it, but even the pressure of an ordinary electric shower will do, but this is literally more like a leak. As an aside, the showerhead has obviously not been cleaned for many years, as the water did not distribute properly. I had to wash my hair by bending forward to turn my head upside down, removing the showerhead altogether and just using the hose on the coldest setting, then put everything back together and wash using the hot setting, which took some time.

Oh, I forgot to mention THE CUBICLE DOOR IS MISSING. I wish there were emojis so I can express how ridiculous this is. Did I mention it's not sealed either? It's not.

Also, there are no toiletries at all. There was a basically empty bottle of hand soap by the sink. We asked about this and the guy in the blazer in the restaurant said it wasn't included.

Okay, back to the room.
The sheet on the double bed finished about 10cm below the top of the mattress.

There was a kettle and a nice arrangement of coffee cups (dirty) - there was no coffee or tea though. When I went to the restaurant and asked the bloke in the blazer, he said we had to buy it ourselves, it wasn't included. So what's the point of the kettle and cups?

The window is very strange, but obviously old. We didn't feel safe opening it because of being on the ground floor and it gave access to the courtyard where workmen were working during the day. We were nervous of thieves because of the sign on the wall in the room warning us to be careful with our stuff as the hotel wasn't responsible for its safety.

Okay, we decided not to go elsewhere because it would have been more hassle. But I highly recommend you go for a room or bed in a hostel. Don't go here.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank BekiN
Reviewed 5 September 2016

Luckily we didn't stay here, but did sit down for lunch in the restaurant/pizzeria on Saturday 3.9.2016. Took ages for waiting staff to take our order and over 30 minutes for food to arrive. When it did it was pretty good, filling, tasty, meaty and moderately priced for central Budapest.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

The servers sat just a couple of feets away smoking constantly. They seemed more occupied with having the tables occupied than serving their guests. Food took way too long and the other guests was seemingly just as irritated as us. My girlfriend also got very sick a couple of hours later which was probably because of this horrible place. Never even getting close to this restaurant again.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Martin L
Reviewed 19 July 2016 via mobile

This was the worst meal I've ever had. I can't believe we paid $50 for food worse than any airplane, cafeteria or hospital food. They're overpriced with terrible service. The onion soup was mostly onion with creamy water that tasted like ot was out of the can. The pork cutlet with tomato sauce tasted like it came from an old jar of pasta sauce. The spaghetti was by far the worst dish. Dog food would have been better. Avoid this place!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple