I'll keep this brief, but I could go on forever about how bad this place was.
* This is not a hotel- it's more like a pension. There is no reception, you just get a key and are sent around the side. No one will clean your room etc.
* The staff are the most unfriendly and unhelpful I have ever experienced. Many of them were clearly drunk during the day.
* Unless you get a ground floor room (7, 8 or 9) you will be in for disaster.
* The only redeeming feature is that you are ideally located.
On our first night we were put in room 15 on the 2nd floor. It is the worst room I have ever seen. The room had not been cleaned before we were shown it. The toilet was full of excrement still and even after flushed the entire room smelt of sewers. The wall had holes in it. The boiler was in the bathroom with loose electric cables. The was a used plaster in the bed. The mattress was covered in blood.
We stupidly stayed in the room but on the second night the toilet flooded and was leaking all over the bathroom. We complained and thankfully a woman who worked at the hotel convinced one of the male staff, who seemed unconcerned, to move us. We then went to room 9 on the ground floor. This room was actually fairly good, despite some faults. But I would not recommend this "hotel" to anyone.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Old Monarchia Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.