1,038 results
All reviewsgreat locationwalking distancefree wificontinental breakfastrooms are bigbars and restaurantsmetro stationby foothotel is locatednice breakfastpublic transportationhop on hopjewish quartercity breakthe riverchain bridgeyogurt
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We had booked the hotel from the site Booking for Christmas Holidays. When we arrived they told us that we had paid for 4 nights instead of 5 which we had originally booked and paid directly by debit. They said they had mixed up the dates and that there was a misunderstanding. Any way, they led us to our room and we were so disappointed... It was so filthy! The bedsheets had hair on them, the mattress was yellowish and with washed blood stains. The washing towels didn't smell or look clean. There was a hole on the wall of our room and there were cables sticking out. The tables had scratches and the walls also. The floor had vomit marks and stains from blood and I don't know what else. I was so disgusted I wanted to leave, they changed our room... Same thing!!!!!! I just wanted to get out there. The photos of the hotel have nothing to do with the real thing... We requested to leave and to be refunded with our money, they didn't accept it. They said it was in the hotel's policy to not refund. The manager didn't even care to come and meet us. We requested for a business card to send an email, he turned us down. Apart from that, when we left they also informed us that they will charge us with cancellation fees also!!!! Booking is still trying to sort the thing out because we have the photos that prove a part of our story.... STAY AWAY from this hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank koudel
Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Super friendly and helpful staff. The location is awesome - close to main attractions and public transportation. The breakfast is great and has quite a variety to choose from. Definitely recommended!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Nice hotel, with courteous service in the center, close to the Jewish q . Kind service, close to all the attractive sites. The staff accepted every request. Kind service, close to all the attractive sites. The reception staff is courteous and patient.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

The hotel is situated great, in the centre of Pest, close to everything.
The hotel itself is a bit outdated. Beds were not good, breakfast wasn't much. You also have to come on time because people had to wait 20 minutes because they hadn't enough places.
Staff gave us the wrong information when we wanted to go to Gellért baths (concerning the towels) which let us unnecessary extra costs.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 December 2017

We were a group of ladies in Budapest to visit the Christmas markets and to explore the city with a view to a return with our husbands!

I was in twin room which was very spacious, with 2 very comfortable beds and plenty of storage/hanging space. The lighting in the room was a little on the dim side unless you switched on every light. We overlooked the street below opposite the Exe hotel, and even though I sleep with the window open it was very quiet except the refuse bins who arrived at 6am every morning which were noisy. Our bathroom had a bath with a shower over, separate from the sink and vanity area. The shower had plenty of power and the whole bathroom area was very clean with liquid hand soap and shower gel provided in wall dispensers. The landing and corridor areas need a little bit of TLC but generally the rooms, reception and breakfast areas looked well kept and pleasant.

The breakfast buffet was very good, with a vast selection of food, but it does need another coffee machine, preferably one which dispenses drinks quicker than the present one.

The Reception staff were very helpful and booked a specialist dining experience for us and arranged our transportation to and from the airport.

My only disappointment was the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in our room which I would expect in a 4* city hotel. However, that is a minor point and I would certainly use this hotel again on a return trip with my husband as it's in a very good location for accessing the rest of the city.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
OR_Manager, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at Regency Suites Hotel Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 14 December 2017

Dear mjacobsbros,
I can’t thank you enough this amazing review, your words filled me with great happiness and made my day much better.
I am more than delighted that you had such a pleasant stay in Regency Suites Hotel Budapest, I hope that you enjoyed every single day you spent in our lovely hotel.
First of all, we would like to thank you very much for your kind words concerning the spacious and comfortable rooms.
Also, I would like to thank you very much for your appreciative words concerning the friendliness of the staff,
Moreover, it filled me with great happiness that you also mentioned the rich breakfast we offer to our visitor.
I hope that you will choose again this charming place as your accommodation if your plans bring you back to Budapest anytime in the future.
Kind regards,