“A well deserved 5 stars ”

Varosliget Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 3,708 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$ 3 - US$ 34
Cuisines: Hungarian, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Where past and present meet in harmony!
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Amazing lunch, the chefs at this restaurant are top quality. My pasta was incredible (better than from Italy!) and my partners lamb was divine. Highly recommend if you are in the hero square area. Also try the fruity lemonade - never had anything like it before!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The food was absolutely delicious and the staff were all friendly and attentive. I would definitely recommend this place.

Dorottya H, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at Varosliget Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our restaurant.
We are glad that you enjoyed the food and the service.
We are looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

We stopped off here on our arrival at the park and were met by a warm welcome and a gorgeous scent of roasting coffee. Seated immediately and provided with a menu each, the waiter quickly returned for our order, which was fine as we knew what we wanted. My husband chose two kinds of strudel, I had pistachio cake with raspberry sorbet. We both had coffee too. Really tasty cakes and great coffee with very attentive waiting staff. They were very keen to clear our table when we'd finished, but didn't rush the bill so we stayed a while looking out across the lake to the park and castle beyond...great view. Overall a great experience, just spoiled slightly by the feeling of being rushed to finish.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our restaurant.
We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are looking forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

To say that this is a restaurant would be an insult. This is more of a utopia. The food was delecible. Marianne was very attentive and greatly exceeded our expectations. I am only disappointed that I cannot bring this wonderland back with me.

Hargitai D, Vendégkapcsolati vezető at Varosliget Cafe & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share your kind review with us.
We are glad that you were content.
Hope you return soon.

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

This was the best restaurant we had been to in Budapest. The service was absolutely astounding, especially Marianna. She was so attentive and kept us well taken care of. The food was to die for. The lamb melted in my mouth. Lastly, the atmosphere was incredible. It was laidback and had wonderful views at every spot in the restaurant. I wish I could take this slice of heaven home with me.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review.
Happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Hope you return soon.