“Brilliant choice! Great advice from the waiter”
Review of SonkaArcok

SonkaArcok
Ranked #666 of 3,706 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 45
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

We passed this place earlier this morning and it looked interesting. What a great choice we made this evening.
The staff were absolutely brilliant. The little dog in the doorway is amazingly cute.
We ordered mozzarella/basil/tomato salad to start, which is generally a safe bet, and it was great.
I ordered salmon with pesto on a bed of grilled vegetables; the waiter suggested I try the trout instead. I did and I am so glad of his recommendation- it was outstanding! Beautifully cooked trout with thyme and lemon baked in parchment with a baked potato stuffed with cream cheese and herbs and topped with Parmesan. It was light, beautifully cooked and delicious. The pork medallions with polenta and field mushroom sauce were extremely tender and equally good. The Sauvignon Blanc was very good but the Pinot Gris was excellent. Finished with a great coffee, this made for a remarkably good meal.
A big big thank you to the staff, especially the waiter who recommended the trout. I wouldn't have chosen it otherwise and it was one of the best meals I have had, which I will now be trying to recreate at home.
If I were here longer, I would back at least one more time. Thank you SonkaArcok!!!!

Reviewed 2 April 2017

Found this by turning on the location on my phone and looking at TA app, and thankfully people before me had voted here!
This food was fantastic and a lovely welcome to Budapest on the first night!! Flavours were awesome and from there the standard had been set. Had the meat platter, pork cutlet and the gulash. AMAZING. Going back. Wasn't overly pricey, I think about £20 each (4 of us)

Reviewed 21 March 2017 via mobile

The spacious interior with modern grey mosaic tiles might make you wonder if you are in a spa and people wearing bathrobes might walk by any moment. The food was tasty and nicely presented; the Serrano platters - both with and without cheese - were great (the place is not called HamFaces for no reason), and friends were happy with their warm choices too (duck burger and veal stew). Even though it was late at night after a performance in a nearby theater and the kitchen was closing, they let us order warm dishes as well, keeping the kitchen open. Service was excellent, jovial but not overfriendly, superfast and polite. Music was nice and soft enough to have a conversation. A pleasant experience all around. We will probably come back when we are in this area and want to chat and have a light meal in the evening.

Reviewed 17 March 2017

I had to smile when i saw the big piece of meat.
I had to cry when i couldn't finish it.
Best sparerib ever, place looks good, service is friendly and hardworking.

Reviewed 15 March 2017 via mobile

Thank you for the great service and the perfect dinner courses. If you eat here you cannot go wrong with any choice. If you have room for dessert as well, you must try the creme brulee.. exceptional. Recommended not only for eating ham. :)