“Teriffic fish soup!”

Cuisines: Hungarian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Reviewed 25 October 2016

We were in a party of 4 and we ordered 3 portions of catfish soup, with fish giblets on the side (optional, but these were also very tasty). Actually that portion would be enough for the supper. I wanted to try the catfish stew so much, so I ordered one - my tongue said "yes", but my liver said "no" the next day. Still - it was worth it :)
Although the whole supper was stodgy, it was so tasty! Just let the liver rest for the next day.

Reviewed 25 October 2016

I was taken here by a good friend, a Budapest native, for dinner - the point was talk, not view or tourism. We sat in the side room, which was nice and quiet; there was no live music anyway. The view is great, as so often in Budapest. The restaurant is simple and touristy, but locals also go. It's a fish restaurant in the Szeged tradition; the fish is very good, but this is not gourmet food, and things are often fried - comfort food I'd say. What seems important is to ask the waiter about the menu for recommendations. We had a very good palinka, a shared platter of fried fish and onions (fun soul food, basically), an African catfish soup (the African variant is from Hungary), and by mistake some giant pasta dish with cream for desert. Good bread! Portions are so ample that I would never ever not take the small one. Service was friendly, prompt and attentive.

Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

We have been here many many times. I am always happy to visit it again. Very good food and service. They have a wide selection. Also do not miss to try the Pálinka. At summer weekends it is pretty busy so it is better to make a reservation. Just be sure you have a table next to the Danube. You have there a beautiful view of the Citadel and the bridges of Budapest.

Reviewed 30 July 2016

Our tour group ate this restaurant, and since the meal was included in the total tour price, I don't know how much the meal cost. The dining room overlooking the Danube was pleasant, but the meal was served to our table for eight piled on a trough-like platter/bowl. The meat items were hard to identify, nearly all the vegetables breaded and fried, and we did not even see the rice until the platter was half-empty. Group members said the wine was sour, but I opted for Diet Coke, so I'll have to take their word for it. The flavors of the food were not interesting, the appearance not pleasing. I would not make a return visit.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

Must try mixed fish soup. Interesting ambient and kind personal. I been there few times and I will go again