2,109 results
All reviewsexecutive roommetro stationnice hotelminute walkpublic transportreception staffcity centrestreet noisebus stopnew york caferoom was largethe riverbeautiful citybuffet breakfastmini baraccorjacuzzi
Reviewed 20 September 2016

I went to Budapest for a four-day conference and booked a room for a week. Before my arrival, I needed to work out special arrangements to add someone to my reservation, and Dora did a fine job with that. The food service/hotel restaurant, managed by Attila Turcsik, was extraordinary. The breakfasts were excellent, and our gala dinner extraordinary. For snacks at break times during our meeting, we had delicious pastries. I found the red wine quite pleasing.
The room was spare, but adequate for my purposes. It was a great place for sleeping. Even though I was on the first floor above the mezzanine, I never had any problem with street noise or noise from below me. The bed was nice and firm and the pillow was uncommonly usable, not oversized and over tough. The shower head was nicely designed to save water.
I asked for a recommendation for a restaurant outside, and was referred to the nearby Lado Cafe, to which I returned several times taking various groups of friends, sometimes enjoying the various jazz groups that perform beginning at 8:00 p.m.
On the way in from the airport, I fell in love with Budapest and its people. At first glance, they are a serious lot, but once friendly interaction begins, their hearty and good-humored relating quickly comes to the fore. A majority felt like small town or rural people in a big city, though Budapest is not large by comparison with major European capitals. The modest map furnished at the front desk proved quite adequate for our needs.
The hotel is well placed near transportation and within walking distance of some tourist attractions, and the metro and tram are readily accessible. I could go on, but you have the flavor of my delight.
Friends told me that the exercise room was too small and inadequately equipped.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 September 2016

The hotel is not quite in the city centre but is convenient for the metro, trams and buses. The centre is in walking distance. The room was clean and comfortable. There was no view, but it was quiet. The food was excellent. The array of choices for breakfast was extensive and the evening meals were very tasty and well cooked. The highlight of this hotel is the staff. They were all pleasant, ready to answer any questions, and generally made us feel welcome. A special mention must go to Eva, who went out of her way to look after us -- thank you from the two Scottish ladies.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Lajos C, Ügyvezető igazgató at Novotel Budapest Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2016

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for posting your thoughts on TripAdvisor, we really value your feedback.

Happy to know that you liked the great location of the hotel ; it is very close to the city center.

Hopefully you could visit many of the sights of our city.

Thank you for your kind words on our staff, it is always a pleasure to know when our efforts are appreciated and remembered.

Please accept our apologies in connection with the shower; I have already forwarded your remarks to the Technical department.

It is our honest hope that we can host you again at Novotel Budapest Centrum.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 18 September 2016

I mistook a bottle of lemonade during lunch and I informed a worker about my mistake. The latter, by professional conscience, told me to keep it but the chef did not agree and sent it to me to tell me to pay or remit. You made your choice : A small bottle of 2 euros is better than a customer (who has already paid 240 euros at the Hotel).

Room Tip: 510 fifth floor
Stayed: August 2016, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank boubbir

Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, we would like to thank you for you have taken time to share your review concerning our Hotel!

We are most disappointed to hear your negative experience! At Novotel, guest satisfaction is our top priority, and I am more than regretful hearing your dissatisfaction!

We would be most appreciated if you were so kind to tell us your detailed version of the story via H3560-FO@accor.com email address!

Again, please accept our sincerest apologies for the inconvenience you may have suffered, and we are very much looking forward to receiving your email!

The Team of the Novotel Budapest Centrum

Reviewed 16 September 2016 via mobile

Just arrived home after our 5 night stay at the hotel. The hotel was lovely. Our room on the 1st floor was really big and comfortable. Seperate bath and toilet which was a great idea. Huge flat screen TV. The facilities in the hotel are brilliant the Jacuzzi and sauna in the basement was a bonus which we used every day. Breakfast was plentiful.
The hotel is in a great location plenty of places to eat nearby. The tube station is a 10 min walk. A slow 30 min walk will take you to the river and straight onto the bridge over to the Buda side. We used the hop on hop off bus to view the sights and tickets can be bought at the hotel reception. We spent our last night on a dinner cruise on the river again tickets via reception, well worth doing as the night time views on the river are stunning. Loved the City and loved the Hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review, we are most appreciated that you have taken time for sharing it!

A satisfied Guest is our greatest reward - Thank you! Quality is our top priority, and you have shown us, we are on the right way!

It would be a complete delight seeing you again in our Hotel!

Reviewed 16 September 2016

We're here for a conference, so we've been staying for several days. We are very impressed with the food and the "look" of the accommodations. (This hotel is very modern) Unfortunately, the beds are a bit on the hard side and not as comfortable as we would like. However, the prices are very reasonable, so if you can handle a very firm bed, you'll be quite happy here.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

It would be a complete delight seeing you again in our Hotel!