We went to this hotel at 5pm in the evening. We had booked a room for 3 of us. On asking the receptionist if he could give us courtesy upgrade to a river view, we got a reply that of course only if we paid 25 euros. We refused so he put us in a room that is 25 sqm at the back of the hotel. The rooms have not been upgraded since 1980's. anyways the location is good so we went out at the evening.
the breakfast is the worst i have ever had. No fresh juice. Ends at 10 30pm on a Sunday. The scrambled eggs looked like the chef needs a lesson.
The only saving grace is the concierge and the location here. I would not stay here again.
Try the Boscolo much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Budapest hotel is situated directly by the Chain bridge overlooking the Royal Palace. This impressive hotel offers 402 beautifully appointed guestrooms, many of which enjoy a fabulous river-view. You may also choose from 18 exquisite Suites and a Presidential Suite. State-de-art conference facilities with capacity up to 900 person; 10 breakout rooms; Club Lounge with a breathtaking view of the Danube; SPA; 24 hr Fitness Centre, swimming pool, steam room and sauna; All day dining Corso Restaurant, Bar. An ideal choice for business and leisure travellers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, IHG, Prestigia, Agoda, Hotel.de and HRS so you can book your InterContinental Budapest reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Budapest Hotel Budapest
- Budapest Intercontinental
- Intercontinental Hotel Budapest