6,096 results
All reviews chain bridge paris restaurant luxury room river view club room famous chain perfect location breakfast buffet excellent hotel buda castle across the river the executive lounge an upgrade christmas market junior suite four seasons beautiful city
Reviewed 7 March 2007

my husband and i stayed at this hotel from 2 - 4 march for a romantic weekend. my husband booked a danube view deluxe room. the view was definitely worth it, chain bridge etc and at night time when the bridge was lit up it looked magical.
the hotel was really nice and the concierge and reception staff extremely helpful.
we spent both afternoons relaxing in the sauna and swimming pool ( for the english it is important to note that the sauna is mixed and nude - bit of ashock for me when i first walked in !!). i had a wonderful full body massage which lasted an hour and cost around £30.
the standard of decor at the hotel is really good and let me tell you about the bed!! my husband and i have a huge bed at home with tempa mattress etc and the only part of the holiday we never look forward to is the bed as it is never as comfortable as our own. the sofitel bed is the first bed that i couldnt wait to get into at night. there is a deep mattress covered with a luxurious feather overmattress , feather pillows and crisp clean white linen that is changed daily. it was soooo comfortable.
we didnt eat at the hotel as we are never that hungry in the morning and felt that the 24 euro charge was a bit much. we found a lovely cafe - anna cafe - around the corner where we ate fresh omelette, freshly squeezed orange juice and coffee for about £6 each.
i must also recommend the 'pava' restaurant in the the gresham palace four seasons hotel and the salam bombay indian in between the four seasons and the sofitel - wonderful food. i know not very hungarian !! but i could not face any more goose liver, wild boar and pike perch.
overall this was a friendly comfortable and clean hotel and one that we would recommend and stay at again.

Stayed: March 2007
7  Thank babyharry5
Reviewed 4 March 2007

After staying at a pseudo four-star hotel in Belgrade the night before, it was so relaxing to crash at this true five-star. And I do mean crash...the bed was one of the most luxurious ever. Very comfortable room with all the conveniences you would expect. Great location by the Chain Bridge and exciting interior design. The hotel bar is a fabulous place to chill - check out the Moroccan mint tea, if you want a non-alcoholic nightcap. The only downside was the 24 Euro breakfast buffet. Great food selection, but unless you come ready to eat enough to last you through to dinner, it's just not a good value. Otherwise, a fantastic place. Love the red doors that open to each room!

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank hollywd
Reviewed 22 February 2007

We have just stayed for 4 nights in the Sofitel in Budapest. We had a great time. The hotel is very centrally located the rooms (Book an danube view room !) were very clean and the bed is great. Staff was very helpfull. I would really recommend this 5***** hotel to my friends.

Stayed: February 2007
4  Thank Netherlands
Reviewed 23 January 2007

The cleanliness and level of service in this hotel were just average. Customer service is definitely not one of their top priority, we didn’t feel welcome or helpful in any way of our request. We stayed for 2 nights.

When we first arrived in the room, we were surprised by the mold in the corner of the bath tube. I was able to flush most of the mold off with the shower head without any scrubbing, which shows how much effort the cleaning crew put into cleaning a room. The carpet was clearly not vacuumed everyday which I do not mind but just wondering how often do they really vacuum. Just noticing these visible hygiene problems really made me wonder about the areas that are not so visible to the naked eye.

Furthermore, the hotel employees were not that pleasant or helpful. Many times the hotel concierge was not available, and when he was he would offer wrong information. We arrived at 8pm, and asked where to go to find a variety of restaurants. He sent us on a 10 minute walk to an area with no restaurants. In addition to the concierge, many of the other employees treated us poorly, or as if they were doing us a favor by working at the hotel.

I would rate this hotel as average for a 3 stars hotel, and definitely does not deserve the rating of a 5 stars.

Stayed: January 2007
3  Thank Buckeye10
Reviewed 18 January 2007

I stayed for one night in a single room. I travel a lot and I must say that this hotel was the best I've ever been to. The room was excellent with the most comfortable beds ever. Wonderful breakfast with wide range of food to choose. The only contra was the price though I think it was worth it.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank NikiGT