“Excellent in every way - Wish I could award six stars!”

Sofitel Budapest Chain Bridge
Ranked #24 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
California
“Excellent in every way - Wish I could award six stars!”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

From check-in to check-out, this hotel surpassed all expectations! After disembarkation from our river cruise, we arrived at 8:30am fully expecting to have to leave our luggage and wander around until the room was ready. Not at all! We were whisked upstairs to the Executive floor where registration was completed in minutes, and within 10 minutes of arrival we were in our beautiful room overlooking the river, watching other passengers leaving the ship and making their way to their hotels. The Executive lounge provided an amazing continental breakfast and a mouth-watering selection of food (and champagne) in the evening; we lived extremely well for three days with no extra charge. Every hotel employee we met spoke excellent English and was anxious to make our stay memorable -- and they certainly did that! I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: Book via the hotel's own website. I managed to snag a room on the Executive floor -- with a sup...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,138)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2012

After much research on which hotel to stay at in Budapest, I was very happy with my choice with the Sofitel. The location next to the Chain Bridge was perfect. There is a subway stop a couple blocks away and the underground system is very easy to negotiate. The hotel room was quite large compared to European standards equipped with many amenities including free wifi. I had a fantastic view of the Chain Bridge from the window. The room was very clean which is something I really look at when choosing a hotel. The staff was excellent in helping me with my questions. I did not use the restaurant so I can not comment on that. I did have an electric issue (my fault) however, and within minutes a maintenance worker came and fixed the problem. I would recommend this hotel to my best friend and would definitely stay here again. Look no further, you have found your hotel for an amazing stay in Budapest.

Room Tip: Try and get a room with a view of the river and the bridge on a higher floor. I was on the 8th floo...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 29 May 2012

This hotel has an absolutely perfect location. It is close to the bridge, we had a great view of the river and the castle and is an easy walk to everything you need to see.
Service was excellent and the people very helpful with directions and instructions to those who only speak English.

Room Tip: We upgraded our room so we had a river view which put us on a street with relatively low traffic. I...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JD419
Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

Great location in a hart of use city. Friendly staff. We forgot wallet with money in the hotel, everything was returned quite quickly, except they had to transfer money electronically and we had to pay a fee, oh well, lesson learnt- do not leave things behind!!!! Overall impressing is good, if I'm to return to budapest, Sofitel will be my choice again and again

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank Ali_Geoff
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We recently booked a trip thru traveldestinations.com and had the wonderful pleasure of staying at the Sofitel in Budapest, Hungary. The hotel looks amazing, is amazing and was one of the best hotels and experiences I have ever had. All of the people there was so helpful-they made us feel like royalty. No matter what our question or concern was they assisted in every way possible. Whether we were looking for a restaurant, a club or places to visit-they gave us genuine advice as if we were locals. And, don't even get me started on the breakfast buffet-UNREAL!!! I have been to some amazing restaurants in many different places and this by far was the most extraordinary. They had everything you could imagine to make the breakfast so delightful. Beds were so comfortable that we didn't want to get out of bed and the location was perfect...we had a view of the chain bridge from our room. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends