2,044 results
All reviews tram stop beautiful hotel public transport sparkling wine bathroom door junior suite modern rooms new york cafe the river jewish quarter fifth floor breakfast buffet beautiful room stayed for nights would highly recommend this hotel mini bar perfect stay
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was in a room which had dark decor but which was roomy and well equipped. The curtains were excellent for giving real darkness to the room. It was kept spotlessly clean by the friendly hotel staff. The hotel is extremely welcoming and one of the staff remembered me from a previous visit and made a pont of greeting me every day.
The location is not too far from keleti train station and on a vibrant transport hub.The hotel is very pretty in the public areas and breakfast with plenty choice including a freshly cooked course was delicious.i was delighted with the comfort, the privacy and the friendly staff and their service.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo
Zoltan K, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Patrick B,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hotel Nemzeti. Your opinion as a returning guest is especially important for us, and it is an even greater honor to read that the quality is consistent. I will make a point of sharing your comments with the rest of team to further inspire them in their efforts.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you again for many further occasions.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Such a beautiful hotel, all the staff were exceptional, friendly and very helpful. Our room was light and bright, beds so comfortable, water replenished every day, bathrobes and slippers, toiletries in a lovely bathroom, air con was a boon. The breakfast room was stunning, and the choice for breakfast was vast. Outside were trams, buses and the metro within a minutes walk, that's if you wanted transport, most places were walkable. We had a wonderful week in Budapest, it is a beautiful city, and the Hotel Nemzeti was our perfect go to again Hotel.

Dear Diane01England,

Thank you very much for this excellent review! It is such a pleasure to see, that you found the perfect place to stay during your trip to Budapest. It was great to read, that you enjoyed the bright light in your room and were able to benefit from the powerful air conditioning, the amenities in the room and the location of the hotel. I am especially grateful for your comments on the exceptional service provided by the team. I will certainly share your kind words with them, to further inspire them in their efforts.
I hope, we will have the chance to welcome you back for another memorable stay soon!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel located in a perfect location to visit the city of Budapest, Bus stop, Underground station are just a short distance. Close by you have the famous Caffe New York.
The personal of the hotel are real people whom taking care the customers needs.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear Daniel d,

Thank you so much for sharing the excellent experience you recently had at the Hotel Nemzeti. I am grateful for your kind words on the efforts of the team! I hope we will be able to welcome you back soon for another memorable stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Very friendly check in staff and an impressive entrance to the hotel. It's centrally located and right next to a tram and bus stop.
The room was a little small (we had ordered a so-called superior room) with one tiny window that was at shoulder height. To see out you had to stand on a chair! This is a limitation of the rooms at the top floor at the front of the building...honestly, if you had to spend a lot of time in the room then it would start to feel like a prison cell.
The mattresses on the bed had seen better days...one side had a massive dip, but was still comfortable enough.

The room was spotless and was made up every day. A well stocked mini-bar was available. The breakfast was plentiful with a buffet and the option to order from a menu. No faults at all there.

Overall, a very enjoyable experience and a great location to explore the fabulous city of Budapest.

Stayed: September 2018
Zoltan K, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear SJennette,

Thank you so much for sharing your recent experience at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was glad to read that you were able to benefit from our location and the cleanliness of the room and, that you had a nice experience overall. At the same time I was sorry to read that you were not exactly satisfied with the rooftop room and the mattress. I will certainly inform our housekeeping department of the issue and make sure it is taken care of. I really appreciate your comments as they are important in improving the quality of service we provide.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Hotels of this standard all offer comfortable beds, spacious rooms, great breakfasts etc etc - but what sets one apart against any other is the standard of customer service provided by the staff. In this regard, the Hotel Nemzeti does not disappoint. The staff were really friendly and helpful and made us feel very welcome. The airline lost our luggage when we arrived and the hotel staff made sure we knew where to buy replacement supplies of baby food locally and chased the airport on our behalf to retrieve the missing suitcases. Travelling with a 2 year old is always a challenge - but the staff were very family-friendly which is not always the case with upmarket hotels.

Dear JulianofNorwich,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Hotel Nemzeti with the rest of the travel community. I was really pleased to read, that you had such a great experience, especially, that it was the staff who made all the difference. I will cretainly share your kind words with them, as I am sure they will further inspire and motivate them.

I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon for another memorable stay!