2,036 results
All reviewstram stopbeautiful hotelpublic transportsparkling winebathroom doorjunior suitemodern roomsnew york cafethe riverjewish quarterbreakfast buffetfifth floorbeautiful roomstayed for nightswould highly recommend this hotelmini barperfect stay
Reviewed 25 July 2017

Great hotel in the old style with nice rooms and a very nice restaurant. Worth the stay. The restaurant has good food and a very nice selection of dishes. Well located in the city, close to shops and to sites.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank verdun2
Zoltan K, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear "verdun2",

Thank you for the kind review. I was happy to read, that you found a nice place to stay in Budapest. I hope we will see you again soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We are here currently and echo all the lovely things that previous reviews have said. The staff are really amazing and kind, with lots of top tips and suggestions. Our vegetarian breakfasts including a nut allergy were catered for with care and ease. The hotel taxi is far better than any local ones, and the trip from the airport to the hotel was so stress free when pre booked via the hotel.
A few tips for travellers that we wish we had known, use local currency, credit cards more than euros, taxis are easier if there are four of you travelling. The river cruise is fab and the evening ones get booked up quickly. The parliament tour in English also gets booked up quickly so pre book. The main spa is so relaxing you can spend the whole day there.

Room Tip: The rooms with a pleasant view of the courtyard are wonderful to stay in.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank g72
Dániel P, Guest Relation Expert at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2017

Dear "g72"

Thank you for choosing Hotel Nemzeti for your stay!
It is great pleasure to read about your experiences with us, I'm happy we could provide assistance with things to do, things to see.
We try to improve our breakfast continuously and i'm glad it suited your needs.
Thank you for sharing these tips. they are indeed very useful for your fellow travelers!

If you plan to visit again, do not hesitate to contact us directly, we are expecting you back!

Kind regards,
Daniel Pettermann

Reviewed 20 July 2017

Overall I had a pleasant experience at this hotel. They were helpful when I needed to buy spa tickets and the hop on-hop off bus pass. (For future travelers, I would recommend the city bus or metro. I felt safe. The hop-on bus doesn't come as often and I felt I had to wait around a lot. It's not worth it).

The room was cozy and clean. The speaker for the TV was in the bathroom which I thought was strange. The free bottled water was replenished and appreciated after a long day of touring.

The breakfast was very good. There was a lot of variety. I would also make a little sandwich a snack for later on. Even the flavored water in the lobby was a great touch. There's a grocery store around the corner if you need anything else.

I only wish the hotel was a little closer to the river, but you can always take the bus or metro (3 stops) to the Parliament.

I felt very safe as a solo traveler.

Room Tip: I asked for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Sunscreen30
Zoltan K, Rooms Division Manager at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear "Sunscreen30",

Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at the Hotel Nemzeti. I am really happy to read, that you had a lovely stay and would be happy to recommend our services to any traveller.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

Stayed for 4 nights in a very quiet twin room facing the courtyard on the second floor. Arrived on foot from station (10 minute walk) and were immediately helped with bags. Following check in we were given brief tour of facilities and shown to our room. Hotel recently renovated and so everything in good condition. Room had big shower, good a/c, safe, mini-bar, wifi and was plenty big enough (by European standards). We had a couple of bottles of free water in our room everyday. Very good buffet breakfast with plenty of staff to keep things topped up and in order (inc fizz). Also additional items (eg fried eggs) to order. The hotel is used by Viking cruises but there were no large groups so no problem. Only one lift but this was never a problem, in fact if you are able walk down the grand staircase in the morning, it's a great way to start the day. The location is good with tram and subway stops right outside although it's only 20 min walk into the city centre. A choice of supermarkets nearby. All of the staff we encountered were very cheerful, polite and helpful. No hesitation to recommend on our experience. Please see review of A2B for airport transfers.

Room Tip: room 218 very quiet
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear "priestfield",

Thank you very much for taking the time to share the excellent experience you have had at the Hotel Nemzeti. I was happy to read, that you had a warm welcome, and found all the comfort you were looking for in the room. I also appreciate your compliments on the breakfast and the location of the hotel. Thank you again for your kindness and the recommendation. I hope we will have the chance to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2017

We spent few days at Nemzeti and was very pleased with hospitality of the stuff. As soon as our cab stopped at hotels door, one of the reprasentitives came out to meet us and take care of the laggege. After we were admitted, he gave us a tour around hotel and expleined where is the restaurant, brakfast room, spa , ets.
It was very helpful in a feature.
Rooms are very clean and nice. Stuff was ready to help at any moment we had questions or needed advice. Breakfast was very good.
My friends and I had a memorable few days at Nemzeti. And if I ever have a chance to visit Budapest again I will be happy to stay at this hotel.
Thank you guys, for your hospitality.
Best Regards,
Marina

Room Tip: My friends and I had two rooms on a second floor. And both rooms where large, sunny and clean.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Dániel P, Guest Relation Expert at Hotel Nemzeti Budapest - MGallery by Sofitel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2017

Dear "Marina S",

Thank you very much for your kind words!
I am glad you felt so welcome upon your arrival and throughout your whole stay.
It is good to hear you were satisfied with the cleanliness of your room and that you have liked our breakfast, it is a great way to start the day!

The team is happy that you return home with such sweet memories!
It was our pleasure to have you here, make sure to contact us again if you plan to visit.

Best Regards,