“Luxury attached to a Castle”
Review of Hilton Budapest

Hilton Budapest
Ranked #20 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Sun City Center, Florida
“Luxury attached to a Castle”
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We spent 2 nights in this excellent hotel with one of the best views in the world. With the Danube, the impressive Parliament building and the castle's turrets out your picture window, what could be better? The Icon restaurant served an elegant breakfast buffet also. The only criticism is that the rooms were way too warm even with the AC on max.

Room Tip: Be sure your room faces the river, as high up as possible.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, 3 May 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive comments with Tripadvisor Community.

I am grateful for your feedback regarding our UNESCO World Heritage site location. I am glad you were impressed by our Breakfast at Hilton service as well as the stunning view to the amazing historic monuments surrounding the hotel.

Thank you also for your feedback on the AC in your room the maintenance of which has already been done.

Thank you for staying with us. I do hope we may have the pleasure again to host you at the Hilton Budapest, should your future travel plans bring you back to our city.

Zoltan Arvai
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,069)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Fort Worth
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel blends nicely into the Castle District of Budapest. The ambiance was outstanding, the location excellent, and the service truly superior. The views of the Danube from the hotel were wonderful, including the Parliament building directly across the river. This hotel was very comfortable and accomodating. Its location by Old Town put us within walking distance of dining, shopping, and sightseeing. I would gladly stay there again when I return.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Monterrey
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel is like all Hilton hotels, except the view and the location are fantastic. Concierge very nice, solved all our problems. The only thing that is not at par with other Hiltons is the breakfast. Not so good buffet and service which left something to desire. Apart from that, the view makes it worthwhile. Nice little restaurants in the neighborhood.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor website.
I am grateful for your feedback regarding the exceptional view and the fantastic location of our hotel.
It is good to know you felt respected and well taken care of by our personnel, especially our Concierge team.
I am, however, sad to hear your comments on our buffet breakfast service, which nevertheless is said to be one of our top attractions. If you considered to share more of your feedback with me or with my P.A. at judit.nagy@hilton.com , we would be able to look into this matter in more detail.

Thank you very much for staying with us. I do hope we may have the pleasure again to host you at the Hilton Budapest, should your future travel plans bring you back to our city.

Johnson City, New York
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Spent two weeks at the Hilton - Budapest Castle District on a recent business trip and it was quite simply one of the best travel experiences of my life. As a long time Hilton customer, I've come to expect exemplary service but the staff went above and beyond to make me feel at home. Everything from the Icon restaurant to the Lobby Bar to the Executive Lounge to the Concierge who assisted with everything I needed surpassed my expectations. The adjoining Faust Wine Cellar was an added bonus. Take this level of service and amenities and combine with breathtaking views in one of the most beautiful cities in the world and you end up with an unforgettable experience. Can't wait to go back for vacation!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your positive comments on Tripadvisor website, I would like to personally respond and thank you.

Your opinions are much appreciated, as they enable us to monitor, if we are meeting guests needs and expectations. It was particularly pleasing to see that your general impression of our location, personnel and service was great and you felt well taken care of during your stay. I am grateful for letting other tourists know of your positive experience making your vacation unforgettable.

scotland
Reviewed 22 April 2012

My husband took me here for my birthday last year and we had an executive room with a view out to the river. It was one of the best views from a hotel room I have had! The rooms themselves were spotless, if a bit old fashioned.
Good breakfasts and a well appointed executive lounge. Staff very helpful and we had no difficulty hopping on a bus and reaching the other side of the river.
There was a great wine tasting experiences held in the caves underneath the hotel. Its not run by the hotel itself but was a great way to spend an afternoon.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the river side
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
GMHILTONBP, General Manager at Hilton Budapest, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and Tripadvisor Community.
It is great to find out from your comments you had a memorable vacation at our hotel and we managed to meet your expectaions.
Thank you for letting other valued travellers know of our Executive Lounge and the exceptional location of our hotel from where the view is truly unforgettable.

I look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Budapest.