US$ 477
RitzCarlton.com
US$ 120
US$ 103
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 119/night.

US$ 276
US$ 267
US$ 127
US$ 119
US$ 196
US$ 159
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$ 181/night.

US$ 289
Agoda.com
US$ 306
Cancelon
1,503 results
All reviewschain bridgebuda sidepater marcusbuda castlebelgian restaurantgreat locationgarden roombar oppositethe riverfisherman's bastionwalking distancefamous chainhotel is locatedacross the bridgetriple roomreception staffrooms are clean
Reviewed 4 July 2018

I only stayed 1 night at the end of my trip. The hotel had everything I needed. The room was clean and comfortable, with air con and bottled water. Breakfast was decent with plenty of choice. The staff were friendly and helpful, booked my airport taxis and helped me with recommendations for local restaurants.
The best things was the location, 2 mins walk from the Fenicula and the Chain Bridge.
If I go back to Budapest I'll stay there again

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Ann_the_Coach
Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

The Hotel’s location makes it a worthwhile consideration for a break to explore both Buda an Pest. It is within a couple of hundred metres of the Chain Bridge over the Danube (Buda side) which means that it is within easy walking distance of the various hop on hop off tourist buses to explore both parts of the city and the vehicular railway up the side of the hill to the main tourist sites of the Buda part of the city. On the down side of this hotel is the steep ramp and steps required to get from street level to reception but this can be overcome (once checked in) by entering the hotel through the basement garage. The hotel is comfortable albeit that the rooms are decorated in dark colours that are somewhat somber. The aircon did seem a bit unenthusiastic by the time it got the the sixth (top) floor. The staff speak good English and were very helpful.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Allan S
Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

Breakfast was 2/5 for me, not even the orange was fresh, fruits were from tins. The cleaner didn’t clean the floor of our room, every time we got into the bed there was dirt all over the bed. I booked a double superior room, but was told there are no double beds in any room, just twin beds. Reception staff were great, and helpful. No proper views out of the windows as the hotel is shorter than other buildings. I’ll give the hotel a 3* not 4. The hotel was close to everything

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I went to Budapest with 7 other mature single ladies. The hotel arranged a transfer from the airport. We had 4 twin rooms, all next to one another. I stayed in Room 402.
There was no view from the window but the room had all the amenities we needed. There was a free safe and a fridge. 2 bottles of free water were left in the fridge every day. We had been told there was a continental breakfast and we were all pleasantly surprised to find a plentiful supply of food including scrambled eggs. The hotel receptionist gave us all a voucher for a free beer at the nearest restaurant. We did use it and found the menu very varied and not expensive. Every day the hotel provides free tea/coffee/hot chocolate/ fruit juice and biscuits between 1pm and 5pm which proved welcome. The Carlton is 5 mins walk from The Chain Bridge/Funicular and 10 mins to Fishermans Bastion which is worth going to see. There was wifi throughout the hotel. The towels were changed daily and everything was spotlessly clean.The staff were well informed re sightseeing and how to get to places of interest and they are happy to book restaurants, river cruises etc. Only 1 negative.We booked a river cruise via the hotel and we saw plenty of better options as we walked along by the piers. Just choose the boat you fancy and book direct. Do choose an evening cruise though, it's when the Danube comes alive. I would definitely stay here if I went back to Budapest.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Please think TWICE before staying here....the air conditioning wasn’t working properly in our room located on the last floor which according to them is their ‘best room’. Upon complaining, a guy from the reception comes upstairs, checks the air conditioning and decides for himself and us that it’s working fine and he has the audacity to tell us that he won’t get it fixed the next day coz according to him there was no problem..he was very rude and arrogant and definitely not fit for the job..on complaining to the manager the next day..all he did was apologised but still did not manage to fix the AC...so there we were spending 3 nights in Budapest dying the heat..the only plus point about this hotel is that it’s clean that’s it. Otherwise the staff is very arrogant and obnoxious...they think they own the place..I would never go back to this hotel.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family