“Very nice ”

Ranked #169 of 3,684 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Napfényes Restaurant welcomes tourists who would like to try authentic Hungarian cuisine and international dishes prepared veg-style. Napfényes has the widest range of vegan á la carte dishes in town, offering dairy free, gluten free and even raw options to customers with special needs. Daily menus, soups, pizzas, pastas, a salad bar, fresh juices and smoothies are here to impress you. Come with an empty stomach to have room for a treat after your meal: in the pastry section you will find delicious cakes and vegan ice-cream. Check the music and dance programmes in the event hall, or rent the hall out for private events.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Came here on the last day of a four day trip to the city, and had the joy of going to the airport later that day and so time wasn’t a restriction to us on this occasion. The staff were friendly and I even shared a little bit of ‘banter’ with who appeared to be the head waiter over my attempts at trying to say some of the Hungarian foods listed on the menu. A nice touch especially at how bad I am being from South Yorkshire, England.

We both ordered a set of freshly made drinks off of the quite compression juice list, and they came shortly after with minimal fuss. All correct; so far so good, Yorkshireman very happy.

Then onto the mains. I had the ‘Coal burner pizza’ whilst my partner had the seitan kievs. I thought both dishes were very nice especially hers (typical) and came without delay, brought by the same friendly waiter.

The feel inside the restaurant is very relaxed with a slight touch of class with both the table layouts and decor upping this feel. Music is also a nice touch.

Overall a nice meal, a nice experience. The main positive is the very comprehensive menu which some vegan restaurants simply cannot match. I’d come again.

Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Not all dishes taste good, but speciality does so take one of these, like the goulash soup or the stuffed cabbage

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This restaurant is one of the few vegan options present in Budapest. While I welcomed a break from heavy Hungarian food, I must say I way unimpressed with what this restaurant had to offer. The food was pretty bland and unadventureous, although I must say that shakes and sweets improved the overall impression. Staff was also very friendly and attentive so points for that. All in all: staff get 5 stars, pastry gets 4 and main dishes get 2

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

I brought my friend to try vegan food whilst we were in Budapest. This was my favourite meal of the holiday. We had a sharing platter and pizza which was soo much food! However, I have no regrets due to it being completely amazing. Unfortunately, I had no room for cake. I would love to come back and dine here again. Thank you.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

Budapest has only a handful of vegetarian/vegan restaurants, so we ended up here due to the lack of options. We were disappointed in that this restaurant, while being vegetarian/vegan, lacks the confidence to build a menu that champions vegetarian/vegan dishes for what they are. Here it seems that their approach to vegetarian/vegan food is to simulate meat dishes, but without using meat. In my opinion, vegetarian/vegan food does not need to "look" like meat dishes. There is enough splendor in vegetarian/vegan dishes, in both taste and look, to make lovely meals, without them needing to look like meat dishes. What a shame....