“Vegan food!”

Ranked #207 of 3,774 Restaurants in Budapest
Price range: US$ 2 - US$ 20
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District V / Inner City
Description: Napfényes Restaurant welcomes everyone who would like to try authentic Hungarian cuisine and international dishes prepared veg-style. Napfényes has the widest range of vegan à la carte dishes in town, offering dairy free, gluten free and even raw options to customers with special needs. Daily menus (from 11:30 am till 5 pm), Chef's choice for the weekend, soups, pizzas, pastas, a salad bar, fresh juices and smoothies are here to impress you. Come with an empty stomach to have room for a treat after your meal: in the pastry section you will find delicious cakes and vegan ice-cream. Check the music and dance programmes in the event hall, or rent the hall out for private events.
Reviewed 19 August 2016 via mobile

Lovely restaurant!
We sat on a table by the window, very quaint and romantic. The staff was friendly and courteous. On our request, they moved us to a table in the outdoor section.
Everything on the menu was vegan. So we went ahead n ordered without worrying about meat. The Hungarian bean goulash soup and fitness salad were yumm!!

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (948)

Reviewed 16 August 2016

The food was amazing, cheap and had a big variety. It was a nice temperature, as they had several air conditionings throughout the whole restaurant. We was offered takeaway for our leftovers and the staff was extremely polite, professional and was always smiling.
I will definitely return on my next trip to Budapest.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

During our visit to Budapest we decided to eat here with 4 persons. 1 person was a bit reluctant to eat vegan, but gave in. And to our surprise he agreed to eat there the following day. And the next.

The restaurant is clean, light, spacy and modern with a nice atmosphere.
The card is extended and has 3 or 4 daily specials on the menu and lots of delicious looking cakes.

The waiters and waitresses are friendly but they ignore you when they rush by. You have to wave or call them to get their attention. That is a point to improve.
The saladbar is nice, but 2 nights out of 3 there was a poor choice of leftovers from lettuce, corn, and a few carrots and tomatoes. Despite asking 2 times for refills of the empty trays, nothing happened so we cancelled our salads disappointed because it just looked that they didn't care about a salad bar with empty pots.

Now to the good news: the food is amazingly good, balanced, tastefull and fresh. Big portions too.
We had pizza, pasta, goulashsoup, ragout, fallafel, daily specials, smoothies and milkshakes and the BEST dessert I ever had: the spongecake.
It tastes ridiculously good and I could recommend this to anyone.

Over all this is a very good restaurant to visit.
Make a reservation or go there well before 19.00 hrs if you don't want to wait long for a table.

P.s. They don't serve alcohol and soda.

Reviewed 3 August 2016

Napfenyes Vegan Restaurant is very centrally located, and seeing the great reviews here, we visited the place with high hopes. Firstly, the service was very professional and prompt. The value for money was great in terms of the amount of food that you get - we spent about £20 for two people (including two mains, two non-alcoholic drinks, coffee and one dessert). We were both very full after our mains (in fact I wasn't even able to finish my seitan grill platter), so no complaints there. The cake we had for dessert was also very tasty.

Our mains were a little bit bland (perhaps they were just a poor choice) - although I loved the yoghurt herb dressing, which was very tasty. I would have liked to see a little bit more seasoning and different textures. The food as definitely not bad though, just nothing special on this occasion. I had a seitan grill platter, and my partner had a Hungarian spicy seitan roast (which was not really spicy).

I would probably go back because as a vegan I always want to support vegan restaurants - but I would order something different, perhaps a pizza or a pasta dish.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 1 August 2016 via mobile

The Napfenyes located at Ferenciek Tere 2 is a large vegan restaurant with plenty of natural lighting. The waitstaff are tremendously polite and professional. The hostess sat me toward the back of the restaurant (where the air conditioning is slightly stronger because it was a hot day) at her favourite table by a large window. The waiter arrived quickly and helped me decide what to order. The food was delicious. Probably the best that I had in Budapest.

I visited on two separate occasions and tried the Seitan Roast, the Oat Fritters, the Focaccia, ginger lemonade, and the vitamin C juice.

All very delicious. I will definitely return the next time I am in Budapest.