“Single best deal I've ever had in all my travels” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Welcome Budapest Apartments

Welcome Budapest Apartments
Ranked #13 of 646 Speciality Lodging in Budapest
Dayton, Ohio
“Single best deal I've ever had in all my travels”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

Francesco is legit; when you book you'll be greeted by email, and he follows up. We met him at the door of the apartment (Racozki ut 20) after we arrived by train from Keleti. The apartment is located on a rather busy street, but his apartments (I believe he has 3) are on the 4th floor. I stayed in room 2, which was spacious; a huge bathroom with a garden tub, and the bedroom was up in the loft. Big closet, kitchen, everything in the apartment is new and modern in design. It looks like an IKEA showroom. The bed was super comfortable, and there's a single bed in the loft as well. (I traveled with my wife and 2 young children). The windows are double paned so traffic noise was minimal. There's even an AC, although I didn't use it during my April visit. My one suggestion is that I couldn't find instruction manuals on the appliances (obviously, it doesn't take a scientist to figure out how a microwave and a coffee machine works, but I couldn't tell if the washer was a washer/dryer combo. (There was a clothes rack though, so maybe it wasn't). The building is very secure, as you'll get 3 keys for entry. There's numerous grocery options within 100 meters of the building, a drugstore across the street, and it's about 200 meters from Astoria metro on the M2 line. If you're willing to walk, you can reach the Danube in about 20 minutes, but the trams are easy to use. So the apartments are clean, modern, safe, ideally located, and oh, the best part. 55 euro a night. 220 euro for my 4 night stay. (You do have to pay in full when you check in though). Unbelievable in my opinion as I've stated in far worse places for twice that price (my Barcelona apartment of comparable quality was 140 euro a night). I told Francesco that he needs to boost his rent, as his place is worth so much more. So hurry up and book, and sorry...

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
4 Thank DaytonJG
francesco a, Proprietario at Welcome Budapest Apartments, responded to this review, 17 April 2012
Hello Mr. Bavaria,
I'm very happy that you liked your stay in my apartment and i must to thank you for your feedback so detailed, I'm sure it will be helpful for somebody else that are looking for a good accomodation in Budapest.
Best regards,
Francesco
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bordeaux
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2012

Hi friend....after my vacations in Italy, I have been in Budapest for 1 week and I have found this apartament... really great, and with a good price
I have been in Elisabetta apartament, big, quite, complitely full... also wash machine...
Francesco is a good host, frendly and give me a lot of advise...
The apartament was clen, and warm...
Close there are all, market, metro... not far from turistic place.. about 10 minutes

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
3 Thank sergiomussolino
francesco a, Proprietario at Welcome Budapest Apartments, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Hello, i'm glad that you was good in our hotel, we want thanks you for your review about your stay in apartment, Thanks a lot. The staff.