“An epic experience!!”

Carpe Noctem Hostel
Reviewed 13 May 2012

As much as I try, I cant seem to find words that can describe this hostel properly. The look, the atmosphere, THE STAFF!!!! Guys working there are the most amazing peepz eva! Im not even joking, soooo nice, so welcoming, so funfunfun!!! They grew on me by the speed of light and that was it, couldnt leave anymore, that was my new family. Guess Im not the only one, cause every single person there stayed longer than they first planned. Every night they take you out to some crazy adventures like Booze Cruise, Pub Crawl or DRESS UP! That was epic! But during the day you can get the info about stuff to do, places to see, where to eat, margaritas happy hour :D...The whole thing! Oh, and I do have to mention that the hostel is sooo clean. The crew does an amazing job in that part too.
I get so emotional talking about this experience, cause all Im doing since I left Carpe Noctem is- planning how to get back!!!
So everyone, I think theres no need to say how much I recommend this place!
Will never ever forget this trip <3

Room Tip: All the rooms are awesome!!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Iviii_000

Reviewed 7 May 2012

So, I arrived in Budapest without a single hostel reservation, but through some travel friends had heard of Carpe Noctem. I wasn't sure if they'd have space for me, but I made my way there, anyways, hoping for the best. Upon arrival, I talked with Charlie, and he fit me in, though I would have to change to one of the other hostels in the chain after a couple nights. That was fine.

Now, Carpe Noctem has a tremendous atmosphere. What I love is how it's a small hostel, with that intimate, small hostel feel during the day. But once night rolls around, you head out with the other three hostels in the chain, and it goes from a small, family-like feel, to a full-blown party - and do they know how to party.

Since they're in a building occupied by older residents, they have a relatively early quiet hour, which actually works out great. If you want to be up and loud, you can stay out as long as you want - no curfew, and plenty of fun to be had at the bars. But if you're ready for bed, you're assured to have nearly dead silence.

This is why Carpe Noctem gets five stars from me. I've been traveling for five months nearly, and I find I love two types of hostels: party hostels, and quiet, friendly oriented hostels. Carpe Noctem is the ONLY hostel that brought both of those together for me. I'd recommend them fifty times over, and still have more praise for them.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Sean_N1989
Reviewed 26 April 2012

After a absolutely awesome time last year at Carpe Noctem I decided to return for 3 weeks. I cant Rate this hostel high enough the crew are absolutely awesome they are like a second family to me, love them to bits. The hostel is kept clean all the time every day when i got up there would be staff running around mopping and scrubbing and washing dishes and clothes. The crew were always willing to help out and whenever they were free would even join us on trips to wineries or birthday parties etc. Carpe also offered the best nights out that I have ever had, what more could you ask for than ridiculously cheap drinks great people and some of the best parties ever! Its not a matter of if but when I will return sooner rather than later I hope!

See you all again real soon!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Matthew W
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Myself and 7 friends from London visited Budapest for a long cultural weekend, we got a very drunk and well fed one! The guys at the hostel were great and knew all the places to go, just a few minutes’ walk from here is a strip of restaurants (we ate in most) and the food was amazing, we all came back a bit more cuddlier and would do it all over again without question! The hostel was like being at home, mostly run by people that are travelling, it is equipped with a vending machine for cheap beer, kitchen, TV room and decent toilets and showers, also they were cool with everyone playing music from their different rooms. If you want a fun and cheap place for a long weekend this is the place to go, we also stumbled across what must have been a Michelin star restaurant whilst trying to get to the castle, and we all still couldn't believe how cheap it still! Go to Budapest, check out the market and speak to some locals, all very friendly! Thanks Joel... if you still come to England for the summer, we'll be at the Secret Garden Party, Cambridge in July instead of Glade!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 April 2012

Stayed here two nights with my brother on a quick trip to Budapest and we thought it was great. The staff were incredibly helpful for recommending things to do, and just generally wanting to hang out/party with everyone in the hostel. Planned/suggested nightlife activities every day help to ensure that you will be social and active at night, which is great.

The building the hostel resides in is super cool as well, and is without a doubt worth mentioning. Walking to the top floor each time made the stay worth it from an aesthetics standpoint alone.

The place is perfect if you are looking for a very active, social party hostel (it's name isn't coincidental) that is also clean, mellow and safe. Do note though that if you do not want to party, I'd recommend somewhere else to stay as it is the general ethos of the place to party.

Thanks again, guys!