“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #22 of 336 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 14 August 2017

We stayed for three nights in July. Two adults and one teenage son in a Deluxe One-Bedroom Suite. It was way beyond our expectations. A large, comfortable and well-equipped apartment. The staff was professional, kind and helpful. We walked to the beautiful bridges and the Minivesrum, but it took some time. But there is a subway near-bye if you don't like walking. Breakfast was also good, the best we had in Hungary. So we really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank AndreasHSweden
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Dear AndreasH,

I am fascinated by reading such a wonderful review about your recent visit at Fraser Residence Budapest. Feedback like yours make us all happy and proud to be working here.

All features and services you highlight in your summary are consistent with the "Frasers Hospitality Concept": high quality in all aspect accompanied by passionate service

I am personally convinced that our passionate service delivered with a smile is the best way to amaze our guests. Your enthusiastic recommendation and high rating is more than appreciated.

Again thank you for your compliments and we hope to be at your service again soon.

Reviewed 12 August 2017

On August 8th, due to good reviews and location, I have booked a hotel room at Fraser Residence Budapest through Priceline.com which was confirmed by an email.
I have arrived at the hotel the next day, August 9th at 0800am, with my two kids in order to spend a day in Budapest before flying back to USA. After providing my photo ID and credit card, the hotel receptionist said that our room was not cleaned yet, but the room will be ready at noon. The hotel receptionist allowed us to leave our luggage there and said the luggage will be delivered to our room once the room is cleaned.
After exploring the city, my kids and I returned back to the hotel at approximately 5:30pm. The receptionist told us that our reservation has been cancelled by Agoda due to fraudulent booking. The receptionist couldn't explain who Agoda was and why (I had no clue who Agoda was because I booked via Priceline.com) and stated that per his manager, we would have to pay $109 Euros in cash to get a room which was significantly higher than the $76 Euros confirmed total booking price. I have contacted my credit company who confirmed that there were no issues with my credit card. Having two small, tired kids with me and a discharged phone, I have unhappily paid the requested price ($109 Euros) in cash. We have left the hotel for the airport the next day at 5:30am before having a chance to talk to the hotel manager who was not present when we were there.
The hotel location was convenient. We have arrived to Budapest by bus and were able to walk from the Budapest Nepliget bus station to the hotel with the help of Google Maps. The hotel is located close to the metro line so getting to the airport and the historic district is not very complicated. The hotel is located right next to a shopping center, restaurants and Lidl. The hotel reception is very small. We had to wait about 15 minutes in front of the hotel because the reception was full of people checking out and only one receptionist was on duty. The room was clean and nice. The king bed in the room was not comfortable because it consisted of two uneven beds joined together, so it was not comfortable to sleep in the middle. The fan in the bathroom turned on with the light, but the fan stayed on even after the light was turned off which I found annoying because the fan was loud. The breakfast wasn't served until 0700am, too late for us to enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Karol P

Dear “Karol P”,

Thank you for taking the time to share your concern and I’m sorry to learn about your issue regarding your reservation.

We trust in effective, professional management responses to negative yet constructive, factual reviews. However your complaint should be addressed to Agoda ( Priceline affiliate) and not to us. Fraudulent credit card transactions are grave matters, we acted as per Priceline’s and our strict credit card verification policy, which are designed to protect all guests’ interests from fraudulent activities.

I would have appreciate if you would have contacted me at first for me to be able assist you to receive answers from Priceline as it doesn’t involve Fraser Residence Budapest nor reflects any constructive, factual comments to the TripAdvisor community. All our guests appreciate that we consider all notifications such as fraudulent credit card activities very seriously. One of our priority being to ensure that all our guests payment are handled securely.

We cancelled the reservation as per Priceline ( Agoda) notification below, stating ( I did sent to you the full email content with the contact details):

„This is to advise that the above mentioned reservation has been booked on a compromised card. This is a fraudulent reservation and the actual card holder has not authorized this transaction. We have refunded the victims card in full.”

We cancelled the reservation only after having received above notification from Agoda ( Fraud department) at 9.13am ( right after you arrived at our property)

Should you have additional questions or concerns, or perhaps new information has surfaced, feel free to contact me directly.

Alain Goetschel

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for 4 nights in June. This is probably one of the best hotel rooms we have ever stayed in. This is an apart-hotel and it had absolutely everything you could need. The room was huge and the bed was also huge and very comfortable. It was spotless clean. The bathroom was good too with a full size bath with shower over and also a separate shower cubicle. The kitchen had everything you needed to cook in or wash with! The staff were really friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good. Plenty of choice, I'm not a huge breakfast eater tho my hubby was happy! The hotel is right round the corner from Corvin square and Corvin Plaza with several bars and restaurants. You could also walk to the Danube in about 10 mins. I definitely recommend this hotel. Really good.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lesley1812
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2017

Dear "Lesley1812",

Thank you so much for your generous feedback and high ratings. What can I add to such a nice review?
I am very proud; we could prove that we provide great facilities and level of service you received from our staff. I was delighted to read how much you liked the location, since Budapest is a big city with lot of attraction in different directions and the Fraser Residence Budapest is indeed located centrally to most highlights of the city.

Once again thank you for your kind feedbacks, support and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to the Fraser Residence Budapest in the near future.

Please remember that as a returning guest you can get discount on your next stay with us. Don’t hesitate to contact us directly by email at reservations.budapest@ frasershospitality.com

Best wishes,

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

To start with, rooms were very big. They were comfortable as well. However, toilets are a bit old. Balconies are good to hang out in nice weather. It is next to shopping complex, which is the biggest convenience. The place is highly recommended.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ashutosh G
FRBudapestmanager, General Manager at Fraser Residence Budapest, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2017

Dear Ashutosh G,

Thank you for the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.
The team and I are pleased to read that you enjoyed our ideal location, spacious Suites; creating the perfect setting for you to enjoy your recent trip to Budapest. Our mission is to provide our guests a “home away from home” combined with all the luxuries of staying in a fully serviced 4 star hotel.

Thank you again for your review and recommendations to other travelers. All the team looks forward to welcoming you back in the near future!
For the best available rates do contact our reception team directly reservations.budapest @frasershospitality.com or visit our website.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Stayed at this property for two nights recently . It is a clean, comfortable and no frills option .The reception can get a little crowded at times but the staff are excellent and handle things well . The breakfast buffet does well both in terms of quantity and quality . The manager was nice enough to personally introduce himself and enquire about our well being . Small touches like these definitely make a difference . The rooms are spacious and have a useful kitchenette.Will surely be staying here on my next visit .

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
2  Thank Prajayalva

Dear Prajayalva,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your comments. I really appreciate that you chose to stay with us recently and hope we can be of service to you again soon.

For your next stay; don’t hesitate to contact us or book directly at reservations.budapest @ frasershospitality.com or thru our website to take advantage of our best rate guaranteed offers and promotions.