“Amazing Peking Duck”

Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: District VII / Jewish Quarter
Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

I tried the Peking duck pancakes and was blown away. The duck was well cooked and reminded me of my time in Beijing. I highly recommend you visit the restaurant and try out their menu. I definitely plan to visit again! The staff were very friendly and professional and there to answer any queries. Compliments to the chef.

JeanPierreMifsud, General Manager at Rickshaw Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2017

Dear Nikki U,

Thank you very much for your positive review and it is fantastic that you had a memorable stay with us at Rickshaw restaurant. I am really pleased that you pointed out our exciting dishes, like the Peking Duck. I have passed your kind words on to the whole team. We can't wait to welcome you back as a returning guest on your next visit to Budapest.

Reviewed 27 September 2017

I ate here in September 2017 during a business trip. I happened to be staying at the Corinthia and it was raining so I decided to eat in.

The ambiance is nice if you like it dimly lit. The staff is wonderful... always courteous and attentive. I had the spring rolls and the pad Thai and both dishes were both fresh and delicious and I have no complaints about the food quality.

The resto is pricy and when I was there, they had very few non-Hungarian wines available by the glass. If you;re staying at the Corinthia, you might want to check this place out.

JeanPierreMifsud, General Manager at Rickshaw Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2017

Dear Nicolas C,

We greatly appreciate the time you have taken to provide us at Rickshaw Restaurant with this feedback. I am delighted that overall you were satisfied with our services such as Spring rolls and Pad Thai. I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you in the Rickshaw soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I am a lover of Chinese food and often say I could eat it everyday. I could very easily eat the menu at the Rickshaw everyday the food was on a level I have not had before. Even my girlfriend who is not as big a lover of this cuisine as myself was blown away by the quality of the food.

Service was great every need was catered for without needing to ask for anything.

We had sweet and sour pork, sesame chicken, rice and spring rolls. Portions were very big and we were quite literally force feeding ourselves despite being full just so we could keep tasting the food!

I would fly back to Budapest just to eat here again, everything was perfect and prices are great for what you get as well.

JeanPierreMifsud, General Manager at Rickshaw Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2017

Dear RobC230390,

I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback of the Rickshaw restaurant. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your meal and that our services met your first class expectations. I am really happy to read that you pointed our sweet and sour pork, sesame chicken, rice and spring rolls as well. I do hope to welcoming you back to the Rickshaw Restaurant very soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

Unfortunately this experience was bland and disappointing and we couldn't get out of there quick enough, extremely overpriced with bad service and little atmosphere

1  Thank Emali87

Thank you very much for your feedback. We genuinely regret those occasions when the service does not meet expectations and we are constantly monitoring our operational procedures to ensure that an efficient and reliable service is provided. I am extremely disheartened to read that you did not have a pleasant experience at the Rickshaw restaurant. Much to my regret we did not have the opportunity to speak and meet in person on this occasion.

If you decide to come back to the Rickshaw, I would love to have the opportunity to speak with you directly, so please ask for me. We hope to see you again in the future and wish you the very best.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

This was an amazing Asian Restaurant was recomended by a restaurant just outside the hotel named Caviar & Bull and the chef said that it was the best he has tasted in budapest so if a chef recomended it it must be good !!!! start to finish it was excellent food was very good and so was the service small recomandation stay in the first room its intimate !!

Dear Melita G,

Thank you very much for your positive and very detailed review about the Rickshaw Restaurant. I am delighted to note that you found our meals delicious. I hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.