“Just perfect !!!”
other traveller has booked this property
Andrei's Building from the Street Entry hall
Dining Area and Computer Desk
Living Area and Balcony Door
The Living Room
Wide angle View of the Great Room
Chairs convert to additional single mattress
Living Room Window out onto Balcony
The balcony
View from the balcony
Looking out through the Kitchen Passthru
The Kitchen
The Sink and Stove area in the Kitchen
The Nespresso bar in the kitchen
Bedroom with Antique Mirrored Closet Door
The Bedroom
Queen Bed
Dressing area outside en suite Bathroom
The Bathroom
Custom Sink
Washer/Dryer
View at Dusk from the Great Room Window
The Street Where You Live
Andrei's Floorplan
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Wallabibe...
Wallabi Point, NSW Australia
“Just perfect !!!”
Reviewed 9 November 2011 for a stay in June 2011

'"Oh Wow!" was my husband and my reaction when first entering Apartment Andrei at 11pm on a Sunday evening. The huge lounge/dining room with high ceilings, galley kitchen, comfortable bedroom and good size bathroom looked marvellous. Even better was to come after we rose the next morning and found the additional inclusions in the apartment.

The apartment is well equipped with everything you could possibly want. We enjoyed using the milk frother and the computer with free internet access plus VoIP phone was a bonus. Not only is there a washing machine and clothes drier the owners also leave clothes washing detergent for guests to use!

John Farago, the owner, rang to welcome us and kept in contact over our week long stay.

Our stay at Apartment Andrei in Budapest was a highlight of a seven week trip through Croatia, Hungary and the Czech Republic. The location of Apt Andrei was ideal for us as, while still within easy walking distance of the city centre, it was in a leafy residential square just off Raday utca. We enjoyed the the neighbourhood surrounding the apartment with the beautiful church opposite and finding the many historical buildings with lovely inner courtyards and suspended corridors.

While I enjoyed walking from Bakats ter to the city centre public transport is close by and readily available. My husband thoroughly enjoyed hopping on and off the trams, trains and buses and exploring the city and outlying areas.

Budapest is a wonderful city with so much to see and do. It is very safe and easy to get around and our stay at Apt Andrei made it that much more special. We would love to return to Budapest for a couple of months and would happily stay at Apt Andrei again.

PS. John's self written guides on Budapest and instructions on how to use appliances were a gem which we read daily.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything-comfortability, location. A home away from home.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner

Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 55-64
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
S. F.

BudgetTra...
Los Angeles
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 1 September 2011 for a stay in August 2011

Apartment Andrei exceeded my expectations. It was a large comfortable apartment. I wouldn't hesitate to rent it again in the summer. The owners have the best customer service of any apartment I've ever had the pleasure of renting. The bedroom didn't have windows, but it was perfectly okay. An upright fan kept things cool enough for me. I was here for 2 weeks during an intense heat wave with temps exceeding 95 degrees on many of the days. I held out for as long as I could, but finally had to use the 2 a/c provided in the living/dining room. They cooled nicely, but more upright fans would have been great to move the air in the evenings w/o the use of the a/c. A couple of floor lamps would have been perfect as well. The small lamp didn't provide quite enough light for good reading in the living room and the overhead lights, while beautiful, are a bit much at night. I sat writing many nights at the dining room table and didn't enjoy the glare of the overhead lights. Floor lamps would have provided a much more pleasant ambiance.
The balcony was divine. The couch was extremely comfortable and the site of many afternoon naps. The chairs fold down and can easily turn part of the couch into a super fab chaise. The location: Bakats ter. Quiet peaceful green oasis. The 4/6 and 2 tram/trolley lines are right around the corner as is a metro line and the wonderful #15 bus. Budapest's public transportation ROCKS! Super easy to navigate with the map the owners provide.
When I return in winter sometime I wouldn't rent Andrei due to the north facing position. Would prefer a place with direct rather than indirect light, but for the hot summer it was perfect. I would however be sure and check out the owner's other apartments before looking elsewhere as his kind, helpful expertise is unparalleled.
Although I brought my own laptop, the mac computer provided in the apartment was a really awesome extra. The wireless worked fantastic - no problems. Nespresso machine was wonderful!
Best part of all is there seem to be no other vacation rentals in this building and I spotted few tourists on the square. Loved that!

Liked best: location
Liked least: lack of fans/floorlamps
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 35-49
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
Cattywamp...
Seattle, Washington
“Charming apartment, great service, hope to stay again sometime!”
Reviewed 21 August 2011 for a stay in August 2011

My husband and I stayed in Apartment Andrei for a week, and we loved it. So the short version is: it’s wonderful, and I recommend it unreservedly. And the owner and his team are just great!

The background: It my first trip to Europe, and my husband had never been to Budapest before. I was very anxious that this trip be perfect for us, and I looked at LOT of apartments online, and emailed a number of websites. From the start of the email negotiations, John Farago could not have been nicer. It was so reassuring to a travel-novice like me to deal with someone so patient and helpful about all the arrangements. He really took time to answer my questions and address what I personally was looking for in a place to stay.

The apartment is lovely and charming and spacious! The big living room/dining room makes you feel like you're staying in a mansion. We were so pleased with the whole place. Everything the previous reviewers have said about how nicely equipped the apartment is totally accurate. The bed, the plumbing, the AC, the washer/dryer, the kitchen, the terrace - all just great. Having both the Skype phone line and a local cell phone for our use was so helpful. The clearly-labeled USA-friendly power-strip arranged so you can just plug your laptops and phones and what-all right into it, with no worries about converter/adapters? A fantastic touch. But there are simply too many charming little touches about the apartment to list here.

I also liked the area very well. It’s a real Budapest neighborhood, with everyday Hungarians going about their business. It makes you feel like a resident, not just some tourist. There’s all sorts of little shops to buy food in very close by, and a few blocks away, Raday Utca becomes a long row of cute one little restaurant after another. It was easy for us to walk or take the Metro to all the different sights of the city. I loved having the church across the street. It’s beautifully lit at night, and it was great to sit out on the terrace and drink wine and look at it. Even in the daytime, the area around the apartment is pleasantly quiet. It also felt very safe. Being a woman, and having lived and traveled in all sorts of neighborhoods in the US, I notice that sort of thing.

During our one-week stay, John called us twice to check on us. He also arranged for me to have a package delivered to his partner’s office so that I could receive it during my stay. The driver John works with, Alajos, and his wife were extremely helpful and kind to my husband and me. I cannot say how nice it was to have such unfailing excellent service and attention.

So I would definitely stay in this particular apartment again. And just based on my experiences with the people running them, I’d also stay in any of the owner’s other apartments without a moment’s hesitation.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The living room that opens onto the terrace.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing