US$ 232
  • Breakfast included
US$ 320
Cancelon
5,210 results
All reviewsrussian restaurantsmall squarefree coffee and watergreat hotelold palaceminute walknational museumreception staffjunior suitequiet neighborhoodlounge areakalvin terbreakfast roomwalk in showerbreakfast was excellentsparkling winemodern hotel
Reviewed 20 August 2017

Nothing but greatness. Great Staff! Great Room! Great Bed! Great View! Great Breakfast Included! Great Bar! Great Location! Great Restaurants in Walking Distance!
Obviously this boutique hotel is great. LOL. If I could move in, I would.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Aliz_Szabo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Dear "addtraveler10101",

Thank you very much for your kind words about your stay.

We are more than delighted that you had such a wonderful time with us. I am glad that the location of our hotel was so convenient for you and all the offers by the nearby restaurants met your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back one day!

Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

Located by the quiet Zichy square a good 15min walk to the key tourist area, a lovely environment to relax in after many hours seeing the highlights of this wonderful city and plenty of good local restaurants/cafes/bars to pass the time

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Zsofia_Lukacs, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear „Sarah B”,

Thank you very much for your recent stay at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for highlighting our central yet quiet location to the fellow travelers.

Being “very good” - as you have rated us on TripAdvisor- honors us; however, our aim is to deliver flawless and exceptional service to our guests, and we feel it is successful when we get a five-star rating. Please do not hesitate to contact us in case we can be at your further assistance or you have any suggestions to allow us to serve you even better next time.

Let me thank you once again for having chosen our boutique hotel and I truly hope that you will not hesitate to return once your travel plans will bring you back to Budapest.

Sincerely yours,
Zsófia (zlukacs @ continentalgroup . hu)

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
managed by Continental Group

Reviewed 18 August 2017

The Hotel Palazzo Zichy is located in a quiet area of Pest, but a stroll of 5/10 minutes is all that is needed to get to the nearest Metro station; it's also easily walkable to buses and to the city centre and river. Probably best to get directions from the hotel reception in advance if travelling by public transport, as Lorinc Pap ter does not show up on Expedia/tourist maps.The hotel is stunning architecturally and despite arriving very late (our train was massively delayed from Salzburg), we were greeted warmly and served drinks in the bar and lounge area, which is open until 1am. Our room on the 5th floor overlooked the courtyard; was spacious and well-equipped. Bathroom was also spacious and although I found the temperature control on the shower a little challenging, we were very comfortable and had no issues at all. Breakfast is also excellent; it is served over several hours and there is a clear indication in the lifts regarding the quieter times to be seated. Staff were all good, especially (we found), the staff on reception and in the bar. A nice touch is that complimentary tea/coffee/chilled water are available in the lounge until 5pm each day. Our luggage was stored for us on our last day, which meant we could enjoy the day without having to lug it all around with us. Hotel is highly recommended.

Room Tip: Our room was classed as a Superior Room and was excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Aliz_Szabo, Front Office Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2017

Dear "Gillian T",

Thank you for recommending us on Tripadvisor!

Receiving such a wonderful feedback form a guest of ours is the nicest compliment we can get. We are happy to know that you thouroghly enjoyed your stay with us. Your generous comments on the design of the building and the warm hospitality extended to you by our team are very much appreciated.

We sincerely hope to see you again among our guests!

Kind regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2017

We loved this immaculate and well appointed hotel. Our room was very large and we had a view of the small square and church. We were happy that the windows opened so we could hear the church bells, however when they were closed we couldn't hear anything. The breakfast was delicious. There was a delicious restaurant just steps from the hotel. As other reviewers mentioned, it is a bit far from 'tourist' activities. It is easily accessible via public transport but it took us a couple of days to figure it out. We were able to easily walk to the Hop on Hop off bus stop and the Jewish Quarter. Overall an excellent hotel that we highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank arleneschuler

Dear "arleneschuler",

First and foremost let me thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your opinion with us and other travellers here, on Tripadvisor.

It was great to read that you had an excellent time while staying in Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I am especially thankful for highlighting the comfort and cleanliness of the hotel as well as the rich and delicious breakfast selection we offer to our guests.

It was indeed our pleasure to serve you and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

With my best regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2017

The hotel is beautiful if you like modern architecture. The lobby had a lounge/bar area with free water and snacks during the day. The rooms were very large and had a huge shower in the bathroom. The staff was very knowledge and helpful. The breakfast was good. I would not stay there again because the hotel is a little far from the action and sights.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear „OutdoorGirl954”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking time to share your experiences on TripAdvisor.

I am glad to learn from your review that you were impressed by the unique design of our property and have found your room spacious and comfortable but I am deeply sorry that most probably you would not return to our hotel. I do respect your and other reviewers’ opinion about the location of the hotel; however, please allow me to share with you and others my viewpoint on this subject. My purpose is not to argue with anyone but to show the city’s diversity and the magnificent sights to visit in our neighborhood.

Although it is definitely worth to see the typical tourist places such as the Chain Bridge or the Vörösmarty Square; however, Budapest is spread out and there are great places to visit everywhere. I would recommend going to the Great Synagogue, which is the largest synagogue in Europe, the Great Market Hall and the Hungarian National Museum, which is just a 5 minute walk from the hotel. In addition, the main tram line (4 or 6) is just a block away from our property and the metro line is also closed by in case someone does not want to walk all day long.

Let me thank you once again for your stay and for your feedback. In case I can do anything for you in the future, please do not hesitate to let me know, I am pleased to stay at your disposal at any time.

Sincerely yours,
Zsófia (zlukacs @ continentalgroup . hu)

Hotel Palazzo Zichy