“Second visit”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My wife and I have just had a 5 night stay at the Palazzo Zichy, our first stay was 3 years ago a few months after it had opened. We thought that standards may have dropped since then, but need not have worried, as everything was just as good as our first visit if not better. Very friendly and helpful staff, great room with excellent bathroom, and very comfortable bed. The breakfast buffet was the best we have had in any hotel, with a fantastic choice. We emailed before we arrived to ask if it would be possible to have the same room as last time, and this was done for us, also as it was my wifes birthday there was a card and a bowl of fruit for her in the room when we arrived. The free coffee, tea and water in the lounge until 5pm is also a nice touch. It is things like this that make a good hotel a great hotel.

The hotel is not in the centre of the tourist area, but is an easy walk, my wife and I are both in our 70's and found it no problem, or there is a tram stop 2 minutes away, with the underground about 4 or 5 minutes walk. Being in a mainly residential area it is quiet, so your sleep is not disturbed by noise, it also means that restaurants in the area are cheaper than the centre. We would not even consider staying anywhere else in Budapest, and look forward to another visit in the future. A number of guests who we spoke to during our stay were also full of praise for the hotel. If you stay here you won't be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Room 509 is good as it over looks the square in front of the hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Traveller1939
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2012

Dear „Traveller1939”,

I am so glad that you granted us with the opportunity to welcoming you again in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy for this special occasion. I am also happy that our hotel and the services provided by our staff met or even exceeded your experiences this time too.
We highly appreciate your praisinig words and your positive comment regarding the location of our hotel.
I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcoming you to our hotel third time as well! Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you!

With kind regards,

Judit Rozsa

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Hotel Palazzo Zichy

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We recently stayed at Palazzo Zichy for 2 nights after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor. It was a great experience. The hotel is an architectural gem-- a contemporary interior within a beautifully restored building. Breakfast was, by far, the best we had during our trip and I cannot speak highly enough of the staff. They were were all not only incredibly helpful but so gracious. The hotel in not exactly the most centrally located of choices but still within a reasonable walk. Definately worth it-- a great value.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bernie0211

Dear „Bernie0211”,

I am sincerely happy that you have been pleased with your hotel choice in Budapest based on the traveller reviews on TripAdvisor.
Let me thank you for your kind words and compliments regarding the design of our hotel and our complimentary breakfast. I am also glad that our staff could provide you with an exceptional service during your stay.
I would like to thank you for recommending us to the travelling community! We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

Nearly every aspect of our stay in this hotel exceeded our expectations. Between its attractive design blending historic and modern architecture, the huge complementary breakfast buffet, free coffee and snacks throughout the day, and extraordinarily helpful and friendly staff, the hotel and its services seemed reminiscent of much more expensive properties. The only minor areas of improvement are the brightness of the rooms (ours was a bit dim) and the number of pillows on the beds.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear „Rob S”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy.
I was delighted to see whilst reading your generous review, that our staff provided you with an excellent service, it will be my greatest pleasure to forward your kind words to my colleagues. I am also glad that you could take advantage of our complimentary services, like the buffet breakfast and the lounge bar.
I also would like to thank you for your constructive remark regarding the lighting of our rooms as well as regarding the pillows. Please be ensured that we will consider them for improvement.
I would like to thank you again for your compliments. We highly appreciate your patronage and hope to meet you again in the not so distant future!

Reviewed 4 September 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights in August 2012. We decided to stay here having ready the Trip Adviosr feedback. The hotel was well located, the breakfast very good, rooms delightful. We were particularly impressed with the helpfulness and knowledge of the reception staff, Why bother go to tourist information when you have them available. Thank you to the hotel for returning my husband's jacket which he left in the wardrobe. We would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Dear „SallyWally_8”,

I would like to thank you for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking your time to leave a positive comment about your recent stay with us. Your praising words regarding our location, the breakfast and rooms are highly appreciated. I am also very grateful that you have recognized our staff’s professionalism and service-minded attitude, as it is our greatest goal indeed to make our guests happy. It was our pleasure to help you with returning the coat.
I would like to thank you for recommending our hotel to the travelling community. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

With kind regards,

Reviewed 3 September 2012

We stayed at Hotel Palazzo Zichy for 4 nights during Grand Prix weekend.We decided to book after having read all the reviews on Trip Advisor. So glad we did!-you couldn't ask for a nicer hotel. The staff are friendly and very helpful. The building is beautiful with a modern design. We stayed in the Junior Suite which was spacious and very comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful with a wide range of foods to meet everyone's tastes. Location ideal, quiet but only a few minutes walk to the underground. All in all a wonderful hotel I would definitely visit again and recommend to anyone. So much nicer than all the bigger hotels in Budapest.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear „CH1EastYorkshire_UK”,

Thank you very much for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for your praising words. I was glad to read that you enjoyed your city break with us and from the guestrooms to the breakfast, our facilities and the services provided by our staff met, or even exceeded your expectations. It was our pleasure to host you and we truly hope to meet you again in the not so distant future.