“Great Hotel, Outstanding Service”

Hotel Palazzo Zichy
Ranked #4 of 333 Hotels in Budapest
Toronto, Canada
“Great Hotel, Outstanding Service”
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We picked this hotel because of the favorable reviews in Tripadvisor and we were not disappointed. We were very pleased with our room, the breakfasts, access to internet and the location. The individual service at this hotel was exceptional. Our emailed requests prior to arrival (i.e. activities during the Easter weekend, suggested tours, airport pick up) were answered thoughtfully and promptly. Everyone at the front desk was helpful in arranging our dinner reservations and tours, giving us directions and providing information on everyday life in Budapest. My wife and I wished that we could have stayed longer.

2 Thank smy001
Judit_Rozsa, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Palazzo Zichy, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear „smy001”,

I am glad to read that you have been happy with your hotel choice after reading the reviews about our Hotel Palazzo Zichy on TripAdvisor.
Your kind words regarding our hotel, facilities and especially the staff are highly appreciated. It was our pleasure to serve you and make your stay more pleasant. I hope to meet you again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact us if we can do anything for you!

Judit Rozsa
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (681)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Newcastle
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We stayed for two nights in this hotel and could not fault it in anyway. The reviews on TripAdvisor led us here and we were not disappointed. Every aspect was quality from the friendliness and helpfulness of the front desk staff, through to the quality of the room, the proximity to good restaurants, the high quality breakfast and it's central location to much of what Budapest has to offer. The shower is the best I have experienced in Europe. Top marks

Dear „Knightsupporter”,

Herewith I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experiences with the travelling community.
I was happy to see that you have recognized our staff’s professionalism and hospitality. I was sincerely glad that you liked the location, the room and the breakfast of the hotel as well. Thank you very much for your patronage and I sincerely hope the next opportunity to serving you in our Hotel Palazzo Zichy!

Leeds
Reviewed 30 April 2012

I stayed here with my husband for my 30th birthday and I have to say that I don't really get the level of such outstanding reviews for this place. Perhaps my view had been clouded by my stay at the Sofitel Chain Bridge earlier on in the week but here's what I found. Very friendly staff and receptionist on checking in, however no offer of help was given with a heavy bag that I was struggling with even though several members of staff were stood by the desk at the time. I found the service to lack personal warmth - we were not greeted when returning to the hotel nor when leaving for a day's sight seeing. Breakfast was like a bun fight and the design of the breakfast room really not optimal for the number of guests. Also we found the hot food options to be very greasy. The room was nice, clean and felt a bit boutiquey however the bathroom had a smell of damp which meant the door should be closed. We had problems with the shower - not the easiest contraption to work and several of our showers were luke warm. We did complain to reception about this and were told we should have notified them earlier. Also the rooms are not adequately sound proofed - one morning we were woken in the early hours to the sound of people singing and the next we were woken by a mobile phone alarm clock that somebody had forgotten to turn off - which repeated for around 20 minutes early on Sunday morning, not ideal for a relaxing trip! Location is good and easy access to everything. I wouldn't stay here again for the reasons mentioned however do have to point out it is a fairly cheap option and if you don't mind a bit of noise and the other points then go for it.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Rome
Reviewed 26 April 2012

I stayed here with my girlfrined and was pleased to find that the reviews we had found on TripAdvisor were met. This hotel was great, it's not in the city center but it's a 10 minute walk away. The property is clean and modern and the staff is always willing to help. I was really affordable back in january and I hope all the good reviews will not make it any more expensive...

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sobrenombre
Dear „sobrenombre”,

Thank you very much for having chosen our Hotel Palazzo Zichy and for taking your time to recommending us to the travelling community.
I was pleased to read that our hotel could live up to your expectations and you spent an enjoyable citybreak in Budapest.
It was our pleasure to be at your assistance and I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you again in the not so distant future.

With kind regards,

Sherman Oaks
Reviewed 25 April 2012

When our heat did not work, they could not have been more accommodating. It was late in the evening and we did not want to repack and move rooms so they offered us the room next door to shower in and sleep for the night. The next morning all was well. Apologies did not stop and all
management wanted was to make sure we were comfortable and happy. WE WERE.
Breakfast was wonderful with all that you could want and more. The hotel is a very slight bit away from the happening area, but when in Europe, don't you want to walk and see the city. Transportation is easy to use and very close by. We had a wonderful stay and I would suggest this hotel to anyone heading to Budapest.

1 Thank Jerri S
Dear „Jerri S”,

First and foremost let me thank you for staying with us at our Hotel Palazzo Zichy. I was sincerely glad to read that despite of the problem on the first night you have been pleased with our hotel and with the services provided by our staff. Your valuable feedback regarding our location is also highly appreciated.
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconveniences once again. It would be my pleasure to take care of your reservation; please do not hesitate to contact me directly, should your plans bring you back to our beautiful and lively capital.