All reviewsbreakfast roomexcellent locationlack of shower curtainlift shaftmini barvaci streetstreet viewpedestrian arearecommend this hotelair concentral locationwithin walking distancelovely bathroomthe rivermain shoppingairport shuttlehop on hop off bus
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed in Promenade City Hotel for 3 nights (30 June till 3 July 2018).

First of all the staff was really helpful and nice. They also speak English very well, so it’s easy to communicate with them. They gave us tips on what to do and helped us getting Hop on Hop off bus tickets, which you can get directly at the reception.

The room was quite simple but very modern and clean, especially the bathroom which also had a bathtub.
We did hear the elevator sometimes, but it didn’t really bother us.

Breakfast was good. A lot of options, clean room and nice staff.

The hotel’s location is perfect. Basically everything you want to see is in walking distance. For example, we walked all the way over the Chainbridge to Buda and used the Buda Castle tour carts there. The shops are directly in the same street so it’s perfect to go shopping for a bit, drop your bags off in the hotelroom and continue sightseeing.

If I’m staying in Budapest for a few days next time I go, I’d choose this hotel again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Shirley Q
Reviewed 3 July 2018

This is a GREAT place to stay for those looking for a city center location and great value. If you're looking for 5 diamond status...don't stays there, and then give a bad review!!!! Promenade gets 5 out of 5 from me!
You could miss it if you walk by too fast, it is right next to an ATM - once you open the door, there is a narrow hallway entrance. The lobby includes a short help counter, some chairs on each side and a table with flyers on what to do while visiting. I had the pleasure of meeting Andras!!!! Rockstar!! I never saw him frown; everyone that came through the door was welcomed/acknowledged. Andras is definitely 5 diamond status himself! Prior to coming in to town, I wasn't able to make plans - Andras helped me plan top 10 things to do (map, bus, train. walking route, suggestions, etc) for my 2 day stay. He was so helpful - I got lost a couple of times while out and about - I called the front desk and Andras helped me out. One of the stops in town was the New York Cafe - I had no idea that the lines could be long. I called Andras - to see if he could help book a reservation for later - he was able to get me in within 30 min! It was like having my own concierge during my stay. After a long day of trekking around town, it was nice to come back into the Promenade where anyone who was up front had a smile and was ready to help/answer questions. I highly recommend having them help you book any tours/activities. It takes the pressure off of trying to figure what to do first/price/time.
The modern room was impeccably clean/neat/warm/quiet - I was out there in February. This review is long overdue!
The bed was a bit stiff - ALL else in my room was great.
My only complaint which I did bring up to Andras - was staff in the lunch room. I went in one morning, 15 min until closing - they were wrapping things up. I just wanted coffee, pastry and an apple - they went out of their way to let me know how inconvenient it was for them. I wanted to take my 3 things and go to my room rather than sit there with them standing to the side watching me and the clock. A resounding rude NO NO NO....so I sipped my coffee, 2 bites out of my pastry, pocketed the apple and took off. Rude. The lunch room itself is also super clean, organized and had lots to offer - but get there with plenty of time because they really keep to the closing schedule and start cleaning up at least 15-20 minutes prior. Not sure if that is standard, that was my experience.
Other than that - I sooo look forward to staying there again. I highly recommend Promenade City Hotel. Location is way better than the other hotels that I saw within the same budget around town that I had on my list. It is a VERY WELL lit street/ pedestrian only/tons of shops, cafes, museums even a casino near by. Within walking distance to so much.
Thank you Andras and Promenade City Hotel for making my stay there so memorable!!

Room Tip: I had a quiet room - not on the street side - I slept so soundly I missed my AM activities because I could not wake up in time.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled solo
Sovari_Katalin, Hotel Director at Promenade City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2018

Dear E M,

First of all, thank you very much for your visit.
Nothing is more valuable for me, than to get an honest positive recommendation from our guests. This is my target, and whenever we receive such a nice comment I feel happiness. Special thank to you for the detailed description and praise about my colleague, Andras. I shared it with him, these nice words multiplied his effort. Also thank you for the clear feedback where to improve. I am sorry if you had some inconveniences, based on your review, I can do the necessary measures.
We would like to welcome you here again soon.

Warm regards,
Sóvári Katalin

Reviewed 26 June 2018 via mobile

Had to stay here due to an unforeseen circumstance, but was very happy with my overnight. The hotel is located right in the center of the city although the entrance is about half the width of a regular store so be sure to double check and look carefully if you’re checking in! It took me awhile to find this one. The person who was working at the front desk was very helpful and friendly as well.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Avisko
Sovari_Katalin, Hotel Director at Promenade City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2018

Dear Avisko,

Thank you very much for your choice to stay with us, and for your nice review.
I am more than delighted to see that not only I think that our front desk is helpful and friendly. I will share with them your impressions.
Thank you again, and I hope and wish to welcome here again in the very soon future.

Best regards,
Katalin Sóvári

Reviewed 23 June 2018

My father and I had a 5 night stay at the Promenade City Hotel and could not fault it. What a fantastic location !! Plus all the staff made us very very welcome and always happy to help if we needed it. Our single rooms were comfortable, and we were spoiled for choice with our breakfasts. If we ever return to Budapest we will definitely be staying here again

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy834
Sovari_Katalin, Hotel Director at Promenade City Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2018

Dear Tracy834,

Thank you very much for your stay and for your comment. It is the biggest gratitude for us to get a feedback like yours. I will share these nice words with my colleagues.
I hope we can welcome you here again if you come back to Budapest.

Best regards,