“Great goulash!”
Review of Julija Restaurant

Julija Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 677 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Price range: US$ 0 - US$ 37
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 21 February 2018

Had a lovely lunch here...fantastic food, warm and friendly service, cozy atmosphere. The location is perfect, right in the old town. Will definitely go back!

Reviewed 20 February 2018 via mobile

We ordered a spaghetti which is slightly too salty but not bad. We ordered a veal which is slightly too hard, not recommended . The steak is much better than veal. The traditional layer cake is not yummy too. The meal is cheap but not recommended .

Reviewed 20 February 2018

We managed to get a table without reservation as the squeezed us in before a later booking. The service was faultless, and the food delicious. Can highly recommend, the neighbourhood is also lovely.

Reviewed 19 February 2018 via mobile

Had the soup of the day and grilled polenta as starters, yet one was served much much later than the other. A mistake was also made on one of the main dishes, being served something totally different to what I ordered. Since I am not keen on food waste, I prefered keeping it since the price difference I asked for was relatively low (though in reality it turned out to be more expensive than mentioned). At least, the waiter provided a complimentary dessert which was really tasty.

Reviewed 19 February 2018

We went to this restaurant on Valentines day. As a party of 16 people the restaurant gave us 4 separate tables all in the same area - which worked out in our favour as we had 4 families of 4. I was told that it was typical Slovenian food served, but all the food was recognisable. The kids had pasta. My husband had 2 seafood dishes and I had the lamb. The service was good and the waiter spoke excellent English (as our Slovenian is non-existent). He suggested a wine and also the dessert - both wonderful recommendations. From all the restaurants we visited on our half term trip this one was my favourite!