1,057 results
All reviews great location waist height self service laundry old town triple bridge shower head basic hotel laundry room the main square the river pedestrian zone central location three bridges rooms are clean yogurt hot water family room
Reviewed 29 April 2018

A really good location, just set back on a paved area behind the river. With reference to the paved area, note that you can't drive right up to the hotel - however, it's only a very short walk from the end of the road. The hotel itself is very nice. My room was small, but as a single room it was big enough for my needs. The staff were very helpful. I'd recently hurt my back, so one of them carried my suitcase for me. As I was leaving, then returning a couple of days later, they arranged a ground floor room for my return. The breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with ASUS 12 W8 IE Bookmark
hotelemonec, Manager at Hotel Emonec, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2018

Dear Sir, thank you for your positive review. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Ljubljana is very small, so as long as you are within walking distance of the river/main square it is a good location. We were surprised at how small it is but this hotel was spot on - close to everything and just off the cobbled streets.

We arrived about 11am and the hotel stored our luggage and let us freshen up in the toilets no problem. They were very helpful. However, when we returned we were greated by a gentleman on reception who did not have a very good manner. I'm not sure if he was trying to joke or being rude, but he talked over every question we asked, didn't smile or help us with our luggage. I saw him being rude to others checking-in/out. This is a shame as everyone else seemed very professional.

The 'new part' of the hotel is nice but you have to work across the yard to another building and there is no lift up the stairs, which was annoying as one of my friend's had to help me carry my suitcase up. The decor is very garish and not in keeping with the nice style of the rooms themselves. The rooms are very spacious and lots of plugs. However, no mirrors! Only one in the bathroom! Very annoying!

Breakfast was basic but did the job - a selection of cereals, bread, fruit and cheeses (no hot items) but this was fine for us.

We felt it was a good price, but if it wasn't for the lack of lift, rude receptionist and lack of mirrors then we would've given it 5 stars as everything else was great!

Room Tip: the newer rooms are across the car park, but offer no lifts :(
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 April 2018

The location is really what makes this hotel the best in Ljubljana. Right in the middle of the city centre and everything is within walking distance. The rooms are comfortable and clean, but a bit small. At one of our days there, we celebrated a birthday and decorated our breakfast table. One of the staff members told us that nobody from the hotel knew about this. I thought he said that to us to do something special for the birthday but instead we were told not to be loud... Since that was not our intention at all this was a disapointment to hear and we did not felt welcome at all anymore. Just a bit more hospitality won't hurt.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
hotelemonec, Manager at Hotel Emonec, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2018

Dear Sir, thank you for your review. In our hotel all guests are welcome. We are sorry that you did not fell welcome. Please understand that for us is very important that guests are not disturb by other guests. Since we had families with small children in hotel, the receptionist on duty just asked you to be guiet. He was just afraid that party would be to loud.

Reviewed 10 April 2018

We stayed 4 days, a family with 2 young children. They gave us a huge 2 bedrooms room on the ground floor. Everything was great, the staff very friendly, the position could not be better, the breakfast had a good quality, regarding the rest hotels it is the best choice for Ljubljana, with a honest price. They didn t charge us the parking and the room they gave us was very quiet and very convenient for us. In walking area you can find everything, from main attractions to shops. We enjoyed our stay very much. Thank you for everything.

Room Tip: For a family I think ground floor is easier, although also upper floors have not many stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
hotelemonec, Manager at Hotel Emonec, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Dear Madam, thank you very much for your positive review. We are glad that you family enjoyed in our hotel.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

My wife, our daughter and I stayed at Hotel Emonec for three nights from 4 April 2018.

Check in was very efficient and within a couple of minutes we had our room key. The man who checked us in spoke very good English and gave us some advise on where we could have something to eat.

The room was very clean and of average size which accomadated three beds. The bathroom is a little small but you can not complain as it was one of the cheapest hotels I could find and the location can not be better. It is literally 30 seconds from the Triple Bridge.

Continental Breakfast was included in the price and consisted of breads, fruit, yogurts, cold meats, cheese, eggs, juice and coffees.

If we come back to Ljubljana we would definitely stay at Hotel Emonec again - thank you.

I detail below some information people may find helpful:

We transferred from the airport to the hotel by private taxi transfer. I booked it through a company called Ridways which is a part of booking.com at cost €27 each way. The driver was waiting for us at departures.

Loads of cafe and restaurants. We ate at two of them, the first was The Cutty Sark which is about 30 seconds away. I thought it was very reasonable and the food was excellent. We had three pizzas, four 0.5l of beer and a sprite and it came to €23.

The second place we ate was called Pizzeria Ljubljanski Dvor. The restaurant is only a couple of minutes walk from the hotel and is by the river. A family size pizza (50cm), two coffees and a beer was only €15.

On the Thursday we went to Lake Bled which was very beautiful. There are many tours to Lake Bled but the cheapest way I could find to do it was by a local bus Alpetour. You get the bus from bus bay 7 of Ljubljana main bus station (Ljubljana AP) which is next to the train station. It cost €6.30 each way and you can either buy the ticket from the ticket office at the bus station or from the driver. It takes about 1.5 hours to get to Lake Bled and is well worth it.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
5  Thank Neil M
hotelemonec, Manager at Hotel Emonec, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2018

Dear Sir, thank you for your positive review and tips for other tourist who are going to stay in Ljubljana.