“Tasty stew and gnocchi ”
Review of Gujzina

Gujzina
Ranked #108 of 679 Restaurants in Ljubljana
Price range: US$ 23 - US$ 46
Cuisines: Eastern European, Slovenian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Traditional Slovenian food from Eastern side of Slovenia
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

We went here on a wednesday night and had some great wine and food. The waiter was very helpful with advice on what to eat and the traditional Slovenian food that arrived was very tasty. Definitely recommended

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We ate here last week whilst on a 5 day visit to Ljubljana. I thought the food was delicious. The waiter did not make us feel welcome and when we asked for some butter for the bread he said, rather sharply, 'we do not use butter in our restaurant'! We ordered the goulash for three and he brought it in one pot - when we served it the portions were small. There were 8 pieces of meat in the pot for the three of us, I don't know if this is standard or if he gave us less because he seemed irritated that we were there. He told the people at the next table they had to be gone in an hour as they had another booking so maybe that was the reason, although he didn't mention this to us. We had some of the potato cakes with the goulash and they were also very tasty. So the food was great and the price good for the quality of the food but for us the service spoilt the visit to this restaurant. We felt unwelcome and awkward and to be honest couldn't wait to leave so didn't order desert. I would eat there again if there were more friendly staff working there.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

Great place to try local dishes. Good selection of local wines and a couple great craft beers on tap. Lost our reservation and the staff was a bit slow, but food and atmosphere were great. Would go back again.

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

This restaurant present typical food from Prekmurje, north east region of Slovenia. This place for the excellence of his food. I came several time there for a Gabanica, my favourite dessert from Slovenia. It was the first time I came for a diner, I was with 2 gentlemen who never came in Slovenia. It was a double. a first "E" for excellent food and wine was excellent and the service good. a second"E" for expensive, food but also wine. The guests were very happy that's why I rated "very good".

Reviewed 16 March 2017

I can't say enough about how exceptional the food was at this restaurant. They flavored most of the foods we tried with the pumpkin seed oil which was slightly roasted and the flavor it out it was exceptional. But oil was so good that we purchased and brought back to the states a liter and can't wait to order more from the restaurant. They were even open on Christmas Day which to our surprise was one of Betty restaurants that we selected this one because I enjoyed the food so much