The only difficult thing about this hotel is finding it. The extremely discrete facade next to the national music conservatory is not giving away much information about the great interior.
As the price for an upgrade was reasonable, we booked a luxury double room. Normally this means you get a sofa or a nice view. Here it meant a fully functional apartment suite with a well equipped kitchen with dining area, separate bedroom and a large living room. So two thumbs up for great value!
The breakfast didn't have a huge selection, but was really nicely presented and had a very luxurious feel to it - champagne and fresh fruit, cereals, fresh bread and spreads. No plastic cup jam in sight!
The hotel had a spa which one can book privately, but bring shorts, no nudity allowed.
As mentioned the hotel shares a wall with the national music conservatory, so if waking up to beautiful classical music sound like a bad idea - ask for a room away from the conservatory.
The location is ideal - second row from the river, close to everything - so now worries there.
If I were to be critical, there were two (to me inferior) things I could mention: The warm water was not very stable in my room, went from warm to lukewarm, then back to warm. Also the bathroom door had a window in it, looking right at the toilet - so no privacy there... It just seems like a strange solution to me - why put a window in there?? Also, some of the furniture in our suite should be reconsidered, as they did not compliment the very nice classical theme of the room.
All in all, a great hotel – absolutely no problem recommending it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The exclusive Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa, a member of the Small Luxury Hotels of the World, is one of the most recent and equally most unique additions to Ljubljana's accommodation offering. This 16th century former noble residence enjoys the premium location in the heart of Ljubljana's historic town centre and is the ideal choice for families as well as business and leisure guests looking for a unique and relaxing experience. Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa boosts 19 suites and residential apartments, 3 unique conference & banqueting suites, executive business centre, luxury day spa, leisure facilities, two bars and courtyards as well as several relaxation areas by the open fire - all in the heart of the historic town centre and just a stone-throw away from the business district. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Antiq Palace Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Antiq Palace Hotel Ljubljana
- Antiq Palace Hotel And Spa