“Excellent breakfast and location, fair level of room comfort and bathroom cleanliness”
Review of Hostel DIC

Hostel DIC
Reviewed 10 August 2017

Given the price we paid, the hostel was good. Free breakfast is excellent with a variety of unlimited breakfast choices plus fresh fruits, plus the breakfast hours is long so you can wake up late and still enjoy a full breakfast. Wifi is strong. Location is great, around 15 minutes on foot you will reach the Dragon Bridge which means you are in the city centre already, although the neighbourhood seems not the safest at night.

Our room was a ‘Twin Room with Shared Bathroom’ – twin room was fine and the sheets and pillows were clean, and shared bathroom was alright although it really depends on your luck of whom you are sharing the bathroom with. At least everything in the bathroom and functional and sufficient. However the common kitchen on my floor was terrible, other travelers simply did not wash the utensils (I washed the cookware four times and it was still very oily, I had to simply give up cooking and dine out). Staff was polite but was a bit slow in checking us in.

Room Tip: There is a baggage elevator, so it does not matter whether you pick an upper or lower floor if you c...
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

The room was very comfortable and clean the people working on the reception were very kind.

The hostel is close to the center and you can go on food only in five minutes.

Definetely, i would recomend. Also the hostel has a kitchen so, it's perfect to no waste a lot of money.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 July 2017

The hostel is not anything fancy. However, for the prices it offers it is decent enough and although the hostel area is not appealing at all, it is pretty close to the main attractions so that's cool.
I came during summer time; my experience overall was ok. I enjoyed the kitchenette, the cleaniness of the hostel and the WIFI availability. I didn't appreciate the heat in my room, the fact that I couldn't use their computers because there was always something wrong with the internet connection and I wasn't provided with any help with that (I was even coldly told there's nothing they could do about it). I didn't appreciate the noise late at night, the feeling of my personal belongings not being safe (no keys for our closets), the shared bathrooms... But hey, again, for the price range it was rather acceptable.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 July 2017

The showers are mouldy and the drains do not work properly, so you end up standing in a pool of water, even if you have very brief showers, and the rooms are very hot without fans or aircon in summer. There is a lot of street noise and the wifi is unreliable. All of which would have been fine for the convenient location to the city expect for the AWFUL staff member. Do not stay here if you can avoid it.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2017

I absolutely hated staying in this hostel. I arrived at midday and couldn't even drop off my luggage as the reception is closed between midday and 4pm in the non peak seasons. My room was extremely dirty. The receptionists were hugely unhelpful and unfriendly and looked completely bored - they couldn't give me any information about Ljubljana and the only information I was given was wrong. They do not serve breakfast. The area is unattractive. The reception was right next to my room but the staff did not tell people to be quiet when they were making lots of noise in the halls in the middle of the night. I was staying in a private room and woke on my second night at 2.30 am to my door being unlocked opened and then shut. When I asked the receptionist why someone went into my room he said that he had made a mistake trying to put someone who had just arrived into my room and looked bored whilst telling me completely unapologetically. I couldn't recommend people to avoid this hostel enough, its one of the worst hostels I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo