All reviews squash court lake view nice hotel pillow menu swimming pool bled castle breakfast and dinner rooms are small comfortable room wonderful view breakfast was excellent half board yogurt jacuzzi gym balcony slovenia
Reviewed 13 June 2016

Having just spent 7 Days at Kompass Hotel we cannot praise it highly enough from first booking in with the great nothing to much trouble staff at reception to the fabulous room with lakeside view it was great. The staff worked ever so hard at keeping the hotel in a spotless great place to be, At breakfast i believe they must have provided every breakfast known ,The Kompass i believe sets a standard that other hotels should try to achieve my wife and i would recommend it to every body when visiting Lake Bled

Room Tip: all rooms are good but lakeside are fabulous
  • Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 June 2016

I booked a family suite for 4 people with a lake side view and a balcony. I also explained we would need a twin and double. No problem so very excited. On arrival the room was not ready, no problem we borrowed umbrellas and the receptionist was very helpful. Later in the day the two children (one 18) went to the room and we arrived a little later. The room was awful. The children had unpacked and I didnt want to cause a problem so I went downstairs. Could not find a manager anywhere. We had to put up with it. The two boys had to share a small double bed, we had to walk around them to get to the bathroom and their view was a car park which was very noisy. We did not even have a view, we had a skylight. Very bright and very noisy from the road. The following morning I suggested the children use the pool while I spoke to the manager. The pool was closed until 3pm as there was a fault. Unfortunately no manager could be found. The receptionist was very helpful and tried ringing but no luck. Nothing could be done as she had no authorisation. Apparently somebody rang our room to offer fruit to apologise but I have no knowledge of that and I don't think an apple or banana would help our non existent sleep. So we paid the 180 euros!!! and left. Apparently no manager can help us at the moment until the person who made the booking goes back to work. The receptionists were helpful, especially Amela on the Saturday morning and Neza on the Sunday morning but it was just so embarrassing for Neza when she could not help us and could not reach a manager.

So I will return with any updates as soon as possible. In the meantime, Best Western next door was fabulous with a lovely suite. Much better.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2016

First I have to mention some positive things. Helpful staff at the desk, in the restaurant and the cleaners. Location and free parking. Good breakfasts to start the day and buffet dinner which was available once only during our 3 night stay.
I booked 3 double rooms from January and when we were assigned the rooms on arrival I asked the lady at reception if the bathrooms included a bath and she said that they all had showers.When we went to our rooms I found that my room had a very high bath but being a 67 year old with a leg injury it was too high to go in and out of it.I returned to the reception to ask for a room with a shower and found my friend who was complaining because her room was right down on the road and she had to keep the door and curtains always closed.The reply we got was that the hotel was fully booked (later discovered there was a medical congress) and we should settle the problem between us and change the rooms.My friend accepted to have the room with a high bath because she's younger but I did not accept a room on the road.The receptionist just handed us the phone to call the manager ourselves. I did not accept because that is not the way to solve problems.After persisting that we wanted a decent room she gave us room which had the sliding roof over our bed,water coming out of the flushing all the time and the toilet not fixed properly to the floor.All this spoiled our holiday because we were not treated like this neither in Kranjskja Gora where we were staying before nor in Treviso where we had a truly 4star hotel.

Stayed: May 2016
1  Thank violet255
Maja_S_N, Guest Relations Manager at Kompas Hotel Bled, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2016

Dear Violet,

Thank you very much for your review. We are happy that you noticed and also mention several positive things about our hotel, while we would like to apologize for the inconvenience you had when wishing to change the room.
We have looked into the matter and we regret that you hadn’t mentioned you wished a room with a shower instead of a bath upon reservation. We would have been happy to comply with your wishes had we been informed in advance. Please understand it is difficult to re-assign rooms to our valued guests when the hotel is fully booked, and it can even be impossible to give guests the most suitable rooms at the last minute.
We have discussed the matter with the receptionist on duty and she claims she gave you two room options, which under the circumstances was the very best she could do at that moment.
Thank you also for drawing our attention to the malfunctions in the room. We are sorry that you did not mention this to our staff while you were still in the hotel, we would have been happy to fix the problems immediately, and have now done so.
Best wishes,

Maja Simeonov - Nedeljkov
Kompas Hotel

Reviewed 18 May 2016

Staff welcoming, helpful, Room ok-little bit oldish design, view ok, pool ok, sauna not included. breakfast supergood, being a vegetarian i appreciated the choice. In the centre. Parking ok. Overall good.

Room Tip: Definitely would choose lake view
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bukti
Reviewed 18 May 2016

EI stayed for two days. The Spring package. Half board, pass to the sauna, free use of the mountain bike, etc. Reception was professional. Room clean and tidy. Wonderful swimming pool area. I would stay again without hesitation.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo