New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Emerald River Day Adventure
Ranked #2 of 26 Tours in Bled
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Emerald River Adventure ~ by 3glav Adventures is a really unforgettable day out! It's the best introduction to the greater area of Bled, where you explore all the most beautiful places around Triglav National Park and Julian Alps and have fun throughout the whole day. Most of our guests also join optional best white water rafting in Slovenia and around on the Soca river. We are specialized for independent travelers and smaller groups of up to 8/16 persons per mini-van and guide.
Lausanne, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Most Amazing European Trip/Tour yet.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

This trip to Bled, Slovenia was amazing. The staff at 3glav Adventures were beyond helpful in everything from transportation from your place of stay to the tour, to recommending local spots to get the best food in town. The Emerald River Adventure was an all-day event starting at 8 am and ending at 8 pm. The trip starts out at a beautiful pond with the clearest water you will ever see, nestled between leagues of mountains towering above you. From there the guide takes you up the mountains on an easy hike up to the top of on of the hills where you can see into Austria on one side and Italy on the other! Without spoiling the trip, all i can say is that you travel to various waterfalls, rivers, and wooded areas, hiking the most beautiful trails with rivers flowing and waterfalls cascading at almost every stop. The great thing about this trip is that it is almost entirely catered to the group that comes for that day, going to different places depending on what they would like to eat, or see, or do! The guide was very, very knowledgeable about not only the area he was leading us through but also the history that accomplanied it, making it not only adventurous but also educational on a personal level as you learn about the events of the World Wars and how they affected the area you are traveling around!

What I liked best was that the program can be different for everyone, and is entirely based on what you want due to the 3glav Adventure staff's amazing customer service. There are various things to do along the adventure that are optional such as jumping off rocks, a 12 meter bridge, river rafting, swimming under a waterfall, etc. and you create your experience for the day by partaking in these events or others. I highly recommend the river rafting and every other option for the tour because it truly was amazing. The thing i liked least was the fact that it only lasted 12 hours! With the staff was so personable and fun to be around that i had wished somehow the tour was longer! But of course i was so happy with the experience I had. The group I was in had to leave on a train early the morning after our tour and did not have time to buy souvenirs at the local souvenir shop, and the manager got the gifts we had talked about wanting to get, and sent them to us the day after we left! it was truly amazing how much these people care about making your experience a good one and you better believe I will be back if given another opportunity. To be honest this program is the best bang for your buck in terms of other activities in Bled or Slovenia for that matter, it was only 55 Euro for the tour, and 35 Euro for the optional rafting. Although skeptical about spending the extra for the rafting we all unanimously decided immediately after that it was well worth the money. Altogether, this specific adventure was well worth the money, think about it. Its 12 hours of traversing the most beautiful places youve been to in your life, it is not too physically demanding (families can do it), you get to know the history of the area and experience the true beauty of it unlike on an unguided hike or tour, and it is completely catered to you. Not to mention that the staff literally were there for anything we needed or wanted which was free unlike other programs i saw in the area with things like free transportation to and from your place of residence, a free photo cd of your entire day, and an amazing guide for the whole day, you literally cannot go wrong with this trip.

Things you'll need on this trip:
Hiking boots or comfortable shoes.
camera.
swimsuit (clothes you dont mind getting wet).
towel.
money for food.
water bottle.
a jacket for after.

Good luck and safe travels! Thank you 3glav Adventure staff for everything!

Visited October 2011
6 Thank Josh H
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

• Arabic first
Jersey City, New Jersey
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Simply Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2011

Everyone who visits Bled for the first time should do this!! Like others have said it is a great way to see different towns/villages/julian alps and have mini adventures along the way!! Our guide was so much fun and really set the tone for the entire day....I enjoyed everything this tour had to offer and the rafting trip in the River Soca was incredible!! Nothing too scary, just the perfect amount of rapids and the color of the water was something out of a fairytale... But I do have to say my sister and I did chicken out at the 12m bridge jump and now totally regret it...so we will definitely be back some day to conquer our fear and take the jump into the emerald green lake!! Thanks to the wonderful staff at 3glav adventures for an awesome time! I would recommend you over and over again!! :)

1 Thank Danigirl83
Huntington Beach, California
“An amazing experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

If you are in Bled, or anywhere in Slovenia for that matter, than this tour is a must!

The day is jam packed with a wide variety of tiny little adventures throughout and is an excellent way to see some of the best parts of the Julian Alps in a relatively short amount of time.(Just the tip of the iceberg, really. If you want more, and why wouldn't you, do a mountain bike, canyoning,kayaking, trekking tour, etc. 3Glav provides it all)

You will travel to the highest mountain pass in the Julian Alps, hike to the source of River Soca(take a drink, it's the best water I have ever tasted!!), hangout in Bovec for lunch(a cute little town) before doing some awesome rafting on River Soca. And, I highly recommend doing the rafting. The water was not too crazy when I went(early August 2011), but it was still very exciting. You stop a couple times to swim and jump off of some rocks which was a lot of fun as well. The water is a color that dreams were made of and is refreshingly cool :)... Also, be sure to take that 12 meter high jump off of the bridge towards the end of the trip. It looks pretty scary, but if you don't jump you will surely regret it.

Anyways, as if you couldn't tell already, I would highly recommend and will recommend this trip to anyone that is heading to Slovenia for any amount of time.

I can't say enough good things about Domen and the rest of the crew that I've had the pleasure of meeting over at 3Glav Adventures. A completely professional company(crew) that is dedicated to giving their customers the best possible experience one could have.

Thanks a lot and I am sure I will be back in the near future.

Iowa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

My husband and I were originally planning on renting a car and doing a similar tour on our own, but I'm so glad we decided to do the Emerald River Adventure instead. We definitely got more out of our day! I liked that it was a good, balanced combination of activities. We also had a lot of fun meeting new people on our tour. A few recommendations for people taking this tour (which I highly recommend!):
1. Make sure to have decent shoes. The first half of the day there is some hiking, including a climb to the mouth of the Soca River. It's not super-strenuous or anything (and hiking shoes are definitely not required), but there are some rocky areas and part of the path to the mouth of the Soca is a very narrow rock along a ledge (with a railing) that can be slippery if you have unstable shoes. I wore tennis shoes and then changed into water sandals for the water activities at the end of the day and this worked well. Non flip-flop versions of Chacos, Tevas, Keens, etc. would be fine. One guy was in flip-flops and another gal was wearing Keds-like shoes and they were struggling in a couple areas.
2. Wear your swimsuit under your clothes. I was kind of regretting this early in the day, but there are no changing facilities (other than inside the van) prior to the rafting.
3. Do the rafting! Technically optional, but it seems silly to miss out. Loved it!
4. I'm going to recommend not jumping off the bridge. I jumped because of course I felt the need to seize the opportunity. I didn't go in to the water exactly feet first and ended up with a gigantic, painful bruise on my right hip that lasted almost 2 weeks. Another gal hit the water bum-first and I saw her the next day in town and her bruises were worse. The others (including my husband) did a better job of going in feet-first, but consider yourself warned. After having jumped, I don't think it was worth it and I wouldn't do it again, but I'm sure others would say differently.
It was a really great day and I would recommend it to anyone. We had also planned on going paragliding with 3glav but got a ride to the top of the mountain and it was too windy to take off. Disappointing, but obviously no one can control the weather (and I appreciate that the guide recognized the conditions were too dangerous, waited with us at the top of the mountain for about an hour to see if the wind would die down enough, but then took us back for a full, hassle-free refund). Very professional group, excellent communication and a pleasure to work with! Thanks so much!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank MMA004
Kongsvinger, Norway
“A great day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2011

Me and my friends had a great time on this trip. The route was very scenic and beautiful, and it was loads of fun througout the day. The (optional) rafting var very enjoyable, but not too challenging, but still memorable because of the unique river and its surroundings.

Our guide provided us with fun-facts and interesting stories at the different spots, and he did a really good job.

The fee for this trip is not bad at all considering all the things you get to do! I strongly reccomend this trip to everyone who wants to see the beautiful nature of Slovenia.