“A bit hit and miss ”

Ranked #28 of 3,056 Restaurants in Warsaw
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 20
Cuisines: Polish
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Regional Food and cousine. Traditional natural drinks, main tourist street in Warsaw. Special offer lunches, inside is a small shop with traditional sausages, hams, cheeses, wines and beers, jewelery and pottery.
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

The gołąbki (stuffed cabbage) were indeed excellent, but the duck pierogi (dumplings) were really substandard. Although overflowing with meat, they were unbearably dry, even despite the side of cranberry, and I did not finish them.

I had to inquire about the alcohol menu before it was offered to us, and the wine I selected wasn’t chilled (and the ice they had was only crushed) so I had to settle for the plum wine - which was, admittedly, very good.

In conclusion, some dishes are really excellent and worth coming for. Pierogi, however, can be found much better, in a bigger portion, and for half the price in the area.

Arek S, Właściciel at Specjaly Regionalne, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Got in without booking they found us a table for 2 in the corner. Our waiter Bartek was very knowledgeable about the dishes and beer and treated us really well would definately go there again

Arek S, Właściciel at Specjaly Regionalne, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are so glad that we could prove to you that Polish food can be tasty.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

I have just tasted a delicious goulash, whereas my friends have eaten the roasted pork and the goose leg with berry sauce. Everything was excellent! The waiters are also kind and they speak a very good English. I recommend it!

We are so glad that we could prove to you that Polish food can be tasty.
Thank you very much for your lovely review.

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

Highly recommended. Great food and even better hospitality. Konrad was our waiter and he brought us through this evening full of beer, wodka, polish food and a lot of good mood and laugher :-)

Thank you very much for your lovely review.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

I’m not sure why this place rates so highly on TA. The cooking is perfunctory at best. They clearly rely on and endless stream of tourists. Note the absence of local people in this restaurant (never a good sign).

The żurek is served in a ‘bread bowl’ - exactly the sort of gimmick that should have warned me of what was to come.

My main course was the beef tenderloin - the most expensive dish on the menu. Naturally I was expecting to be impressed. Imagine my surprise when I was presented with a sad little beaten out schnitzel of over-cooked and tough grey meat. It was dished up in a very bland and uninspired way. Simply dumped on a plate with boiled carrot, broccoli and cauliflower and two roast potatoes. Not even a sauce! No effort whatsoever.

It’s not even cheap! This meal cost z120!

Plus, it has the world’s smallest toilet. Mind you don’t bash your elbows when washing your hands.

And it appears to be in the red light district - you will be accosted by numerous prostitutes and dodgy night club owners right outside.

Dear oh dear!

Thank you for your review.