“Amazing!”

Ranked #4 of 123 Hotels in Warsaw
birmingham
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

This hotel was amazing. I have stayed in my fair share of hotels and this one is one that stands high up in my favourites.

The rooms were large, spacious and well decorated. The beds were large, 'fluffy' and comfortable. The bathroom was clean, modern and had a seperate shower to the bath. Amenities within the bathroom were also plentiful.

The club lounge was great (although one day the gentleman on the desk was not very friendly - ie when my card stopped working, he shot back with "well you shouldnt have left it next to your phone". Ok, so that is obvious but sometimes mistakes happen! Despite this, the lounge was comfortable with ample eating areas and lounging areas with the combined benefit of great views across Warsaw.

The added benefit of this hotel was the amazing pool on the 43rd floor. With floor to ceiling windows and plenty of loungers be sure not to forget your swim suits!

A definite reccommend on this hotel!

Room Tip: The higher up the better!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (434)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Having stayed in various Hotels in Warsaw I can confirm this rates amongst the best. Good central location, superb views, clean spacious rooms and attentive, but not intrusive staff. General prices are not cheap although fair for this standard of Hotel. For those with access to the Club Lounge the quality is high although breakfast offering nowhere near as extensive as the general area. I have not been able to identify any faults with this Hotel on two separate stays over the past week.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

My wife had to go to a conference in Warsaw and we thought, seeing it coincided with my birthday, we'd take a wee break. I looked round the hotel prices and couldn't really believe them. I've been fooled by this sort of thing before - dirt cheap 'special reduced rates' = building work going on in every other bedroom. But this time it really was a steal - five star hotel for a three star price. Mind you, nothing else in the place is cheap but you can't have everything.

We had a room on the 24th floor with spectacular views (the view from the top floor pool was even better) and everything about it was great. Two things stood out. The shower cubicle was the best I've ever been in with a powerful overhead drencher and room for a medium sized village to get soaked. Second, they have a pillow menu! I thought that this was a fancy term for a room service food menu and tossed it aside but it actually is a menu of pillows, perhaps eight different types to choose from. It was a shame I didn't work this out until our last morning.

Very convenient location, friendly staff, no complaints... well... not really a complaint... Everyone knows that the world's ultimate breakfast is an Ulster Fry. A 'Full English / Scottish / Welsh/ Irish' is a pale imitation of the real thing, further spoiled by adding baked beans. The InterCon restuarant advertised such a breakfast; this was a mistake. The breakfast was actually reasonably good but they shouldn't raise my English friends' hopes by calling it something that it's not. Frankfurters aren't the same as sausages, pan-scrambled eggs aren't the same as fried eggs, Fair enough, bacon is bacon and beans are beans. Why not bin the beans and add a couple of mushroom-stuffed peirogi and call it a 'Full Polish breakfast' - I would have been more than happy - but a pale imitation of a pale imitation is never going to work.

Don't let me finish on a negative. The tubby, beardy piano player in the bar is a gem. I asked him to play 'Wonderful tonight' for my wife (romantic hint there, chaps). He agreed but beyond a rough approximation of the first line, didn't get to grips with it at all. All I could do was pass it off to my wife as a set of Jazz variations on a theme by Eric Clapton. But, bless him, he must have gone home and refreshed his memory. Next evening he smiled over at us and played it flawlessly. And there's more. The waitress was chatty and we mentioned how we came to be there so our dessert came with a candle and a chorus from the painist of 'Happy birthday to you'.

Maybe the prices are cheap because tourists are few and far betweenor Poland is starved for foreign currency. Who knows, but this is a bargain worth grabbing.

Room Tip: The higher the better. A view of the Palace of Culture and Science is worth having.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank UlsterFryNo1
bath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2012

Definitely best hotel in Warsaw .The swimming pool on the top floor is great you can see all city .
When next time visit poland we will stay there .

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank anibath j
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

This wasn't my first visit in InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, but I enjoyed that as much as last time. That means quite a lot. They still kept their high standard and hotel is getting better and better since built here few years ago.

I arrived there much earlier than I should, but kind reception staff allocated room for me. I was recognized as well as Priority Club Rewards member and my points (miles) were allocated just few days later on my account. It gave me as well free Internet access. I was offered room upgrade to Executive (with Executive Lounge access), but because I was going to spend my day and evening outside, there was no point of doing it. If you plan to spend more time in the hotel, this would be definitely great option for you.

My room was standard room on the 26th floor (#2606). Nice views from my windows. Room was really spacious, fresh and as usual very clean. It had separate working desk, 3 phones, flat screen TV, radio, alarm-clock (wake up call available of course), easy air-condition, coffee/tea kit, mini-bar, glasses & cups, baggage racks, iron/iron board and very useful (most hotels forget about that detail) shoe brush. There was coffee table and chair as well. Everything you could expect to have in 4/5* hotel. Lighting in the room was great and there was one central switch.

I loved bathroom. Equipped with separate shower and bathtub on the other side, large mirror, hair-dryer and luxury toiletries.

It was pity I couldn't stay longer there, but I enjoyed every single minute of my stay in this hotel.

I have to admit, that staff of this IC hotel is definitely worth to mention. Receptionist always natural, efficient and helpful. And they do smile! This is something some 5* forget trying to be only "professional". Here they could do that together. Well done and keep it this way.
I had great experience and nice conversation with housekeeping lady on my floor as well. One of the bodyguards downstairs could easily work in the model agency, which is again very good for hotel as they care how their staff look like. :)

I said it last time and I will repeat myself - yes, this is the best hotel in Warsaw. I hope next time I will be able to stay there (that would be my 1st choice) and say it again. Professionally (I'm a travel consultant) for me this is extremely important to know, that hotel will take good care of our mutual clients and I could recommend it without any doubts. 5++ from me InterContinental Hotel Warsaw Team! Thank you.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank marqoos_pl
ICWarszawa, General Manager at InterContinental Hotel Warsaw, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Firstly I would like to say thank you for taking the time to write the review you have recently posted on TripAdvisor.

I was delighted to hear the hotel was able to properly address your concern, so you were able to enjoy your stay. Guest satisfaction is the backbone of our hotels and is the key to our success. Your comments have been forwarded to the management so all involved can share in the warm views you have expressed and be recognized for their efforts.

We thank you for your visit and a gesture of appreciation, I do encourage you to use ihg.com for your next stay while making a booking. Once booked via IHG.com you will enjoy:
1. Free WIFI
2. Free access to Riverview SPA

We appreciate your patronage and sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to InterContinental Warszawa in the near future.

We are experiencing wonderful spring the last days – finally arrived, we hope !

Yours Sincerely,