For the first (21) and last night (27 Dec) of our Christmas holiday in Poland we stayed at the Intercontinental hotel in Warsaw. According to hotel welcome letter this was our 10th stay. They provided a bottle of red wine in our room on each of the nights.
We had room 3401 for the first night and a 2 room suite 3118 on the second. Both were furnished in smart modern style. Plenty of space and a comfortable large double bed in both. There was a long distance view from each room.
We choose this hotel for several reasons;
1. Close to Warsaw main railway station and a stopping point for bus 175 from the airport. Marriott and Novotel are similarly close.
2. Good, comfortable beds and well equipped rooms
3. Top floor swimming pool 15m long and open from 0600: superb views up there.
4. Splendid buffet with very wide choices eg 5 cold fish and about 10 breads
5. Walk in showers in the bathrooms. Much more convenient than bath tub for older guests.
6. Friendly staff
7. Good price (PLN 650 ) plus PLN 91 for breakfast.
On the last night we ate in the restaurant. Good salmon and pike/perch properly cooked. Wines are expensive but the chilean chardonnay was fine with it. Cheerful service.
We shall stay again on next visit to Warsaw.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The five-star InterContinental Warsaw is an impressive addition to the ever-expanding skyline. Located in the financial district opposite the Palace of Culture and Science, the hotel is a short distance from the main railway station, charming Old Town and the Warsaw Philharmonic. Well worth a visit are the Frederic Chopin Museum and Lazienki Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia and IHG so you can book your InterContinental Hotel Warsaw reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.