Angel House Bed & Breakfast
Radisson Blu
US$ 105
US$ 93
  • Pool
All reviewsold townrailway lineno liftsalt minesarranged transfersthe main squareloved our staynon smokingnice breakfasttea coffeerestaurants and barscity centreairportapartmenttripskeysluggage
Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stayed in Angel House end of March. Very nice service, and they responded promptly to my emails. Rooms are clean, and lovely. Nice service, and great location. I just walked everywhere. Will recommend my friends to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I stayed here for 3 nights with my 8 year old son. The room was lovely, just like in the pictures provided. The kitchen was always clean and the breakfast was fresh ang good. The staff was available when we needed, and setup a tour of the salt mines for us. We thought that everything was a good value and enjoyed our time here.

This is a little bit off the beaten path but an easy walk to the castel. The staff provided great recommendations too.

Thanks for a good trip.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 March 2012

I stayed for 4 nights at Angel 1 and my room was really smart.
The communal kitchen area was spotless and the breakfast food and drinks were available all day for you to help yourself even although it is advertised as 8am - 10am for breakfast.

I like to have a soft drink during the night so I was able to take some from the fridge. This was great as I dont sleep well and a drink helps.

When you arrive at the venue ,it doesnt look inviting as it is just a huge building.
However, on the 3rd floor the Girls who run the place have made a really attravtive Bed and Breakfast with 5 rooms.

There are local residents in other parts of the building and the view from the kitchen window is of these other local redidents houses. ( no Beach)
I dont have a problem with that as it actually shows you a more ,real, authentic view of Polish life and the people who live there.

The Girls arranged trips to Austwich and the Salt mines for me at discounted prices from normal Tour Companies.
I was collected at the front door and returned there which made life really easy for me.
Pick up and return from the Airport was also done at cheaper prices. The drivers were also extremely pleasant and willing to share information about their life in Poland and the surrounding areas of Krakow.

This venue would be ideal for a group of people travelling together as you would have the run of the whole place with a communal meeting area ( Dining room/kitchen) to share your experiences of the previous night out in the City.

I will go back there one day and hopefully sooner rather than later

Gordon Stewart
Midsomer Norton

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank GORDY2708
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I would recommend this place to anyone visiting Krakow.

The rooms are impeccably clean and furnished with lovely new decor. The service was absolutely wonderful and the breakfast each morning was fresh and offered all that you need for a simple breakfast before seeing the sights.

The B&B may be a little hard to find from the street but we were able to walk from the train station within 10 minutes and were in the central square in the old town also within 10 minutes.

The building block is right on the trainline which is a little unfortunate but the noise wasn't bad at all. Anna was able to point us in the direction of some delicious eateries and tours to Aushwitz and the Salt mine were easily organized through her as well. The tours were quite good and worth the money spent.

• Stayed: February 2012
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed in Angel House 1 and found it to be a very comfortable base from which to explore Krakow and visit Auschwitz-Birkenau. Kasia and Anna were very friendly and helpful, both before and during our visit, and you feel more like you're staying in an apartment than a typical hotel or b&b. There are only 5 or 6 rooms and a common kitchen area, and you are welcome to help yourself to anything 24 hours a day.

Angel House is very well-located only a short walk from the market square and Jewish quarter, and is in a quiet area; we didn't hear any noise from the nearby train track.

Addressing some of the positive and negative opinions below, yes, the stairway and common area are a little rundown, but in a really charming, authentic way which gives you a nice sense of the history of the building. The decor inside is recently done and still fresh; the furniture and fixtures are IKEA or similar, which might explain some of the negative comments some people have made about the rooms not living up to the pictures. It's not boutique hotel quality, but comfortable and pleasant, and for what we paid, very good value for money.

The only suggestions I'd make are that they should install safes in the rooms and have some heavier blankets or extra duvets available. I see that the manager has said people can leave valuables with the staff, but they aren't there all the time and an in-room safe is pretty standard in most hotels around the world.

Would definitely recommend Angel House as a good base from which to explore Krakow. This is a great city to visit, with lots of things to see, reasonably-priced restaurants and bars, as well as a great sense of history. Visiting Auschwitz-Birkenau is a very moving experience and reminds us of an important lesson from history we should never forget.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends