“Great place to stay in krakow”

Bed & Breakfast Kolory
Ranked #10 of 131 Krakow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 June 2012

We really enjoyed this B&B. The location couldn't be any better for eating out, enjoying the Krakow nightlife and touring the city. Our rooms was very clean, nicely decorated, great service, good breakfast and very helpful staff. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 26 May 2012

We chose this B&B as the price and reviews were good and as it still had vacancies. Who would have thought that May would be so busy? Its location meant that you can walk to any of the sights you want to see in Krakow. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Though ours overlooked the market square and bars, so a tad noisey. I had made a mistake with our booking and the staff were extremely helpful. Lots to eat at breakfast and the staff were very friendly and helpful all the time. I would certainly reccommend this hotel. The rooms are decorated with wood carvings and naive paintings depicting country life. I see from one of the reviews that there was no shampoo, but I was not expecting any, or hairdryer. It is a bed and breakfast and not a large hotel. The atmosphere there is very relaxed and its easy to chat to other guests over breakfast. Lots of restaurants to choose from. 'Kuchnia u Doroty' is a typical polish restaurant (unlicensed) which is used by locals (though the menu is also in english) and three of us ate for a total of £10! We ate very well in Krakow. Lots to see and do.

Room Tip: I would probably avoid the rooms overlooking the market square as this starts setting up at 5am and...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank sabrina w
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Nice place to stay in Cracow! The Jewish area is very nice, with good pubs and restaurants close to the B&B.
Very close from the castle and the old town, about 10 min walking.
The decoration of the B&B is quite simple, but it is a very nice place. Good polish breakfast.
No shampoo and soap in the room. Hair dryer to be collected at the reception.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This was my first visit to Poland and I was slightly apprehensive about Krakow. I've traveled to many European cities but usually they are the capital or at least larger than Krakow. I had no idea what to expect, and honestly the B&Bs website didn't really put me at ease. Ultimately, I chose the B&B after seeing the reviews on here compared to other reviews. And man, it was a great choice! My main reason for going to Krakow was go to Auschwitz for a day - but since I decided to stay in Krakow I wanted to be in a good position to take in the city as well.

First, the B&B was helpful before even arriving. I called to ask the best way from the airport and they were very helpful (I ended up choosing the train from airport to the city center then a quick inexpensive taxi to the B&B). I arrived early in the morning so my room wasn't ready. They have a little cafe that you can sit in and get free wifi so I hung out there checking emails and what not. My room was very basic, but very comfortable and cozy. The books on the shelves made me feel like I was in college in the 40s or something, LOL. The cat figures and art displayed everywhere I could have done without but it didn't really bother me. The bed was so comfortable that my 30 minute nap turned into 4 hours! When I woke up and walked outside I felt like I was in a different place than when I arrived. The nightlife was alive all around me, people of all sorts were out and about and enjoying the great weather. I walked about 50 feet to a little restaurant/lounge and had dinner, chatted with the waitress and watched 2 girls throw back about 5 shots of alcohol each as soon as they walked into the place. People in the area definitely know how to get a party started!

I quickly learned that the B&B is set in the center of a small square that by night is the nightlife center and by day is the absolute cutest flea market where you can buy almost anything you can image. Walking around the open market was so fascinating. There's also a lot of little local shops in the immediate area. The walk across town to some of the sights is not far at all and you get a real sense for the locals during your walk. I didn't use public transportation at all - I didn't even need to attempt to, the B&B is so central. They also arranged my English speaking tour to Auschwitz. I debated going on my own or as part of a tour, after speaking to the gentlemen at the front desk it just seemed like so much ground to cover that the tour seemed to be the better option. The tour group they use is very good, on time, knowledgeable, reasonably priced and friendly. I was very happy the guy at the front desk talked me into the tour.

I walked about during the day and night and felt very comfortable which is always important for me a solo, female traveler. The breakfast spread wasn't anything fancy but definitely filling. They hold breakfast in that same cafe dining area I mentioned above.

One important point I would give: When you are leaving, if you are taking a taxi to the train or airport you should ask the front desk to arrange the taxi AND when the taxi arrives ask the person at the desk to go out to the taxi with you to ensure the driver knows where you are going. I found in both cases that I used a taxi they didn't speak or understand English and it was a bit of a struggle. When leaving, the front desk attendant actually suggested that he go with me to the taxi to ensure the driver understood. Thank goodness he did! I was going to the train station to catch an overnight train to Prague. The front desk told the driver to take me to the train station but did not specify where to go once at the station (I didn't realize it was a good idea to give the attendant all of that information). The driver took me the station BUT assumed I was going to the airport from there & dropped me off all the way on the wrong side of the building. I tried to explain to him that I needed to be at a different track, not the 1 that said airport but I gave up after about 10 minutes of struggling with my Polish and his English. With so much construction and very few people speaking English it took me awhile to figure out how to get to the main part of the station to find an English speaking window attendant. Set me back about 30 minutes but good thing I was early. So please use your hotel staff to assist as much as possible, if needed.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank NJGirlvTheWorld
Reviewed 16 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel for 6 nights. Rooms very clean, comfortable and decent size. If you are looking for a luxury room to spend all your time in, then don't go to Krakow! There is far too much to see and do to spend all your time in a hotel room. KOLORY is situated in a perfect location with plenty of amazing coffee shops,bars and restaurants! You are also far less likely to bump into stag parties in this area, too!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple