“Trecius Guesthouse, old flavored Polish,” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Trecius Guesthouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Krakow
Trecius Guesthouse
Ranked #66 of 125 Krakow B&B and Inns
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Trecius Guesthouse, old flavored Polish,”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2011

If you are looking for traditional Polish, look no more. Trecius Guest House is located to everything. Town Center, food shops, clothing, jewelry shops, etc. The room was very clean and quiet. I slept like a log. The morning choice of breakfast was good and energizing. The staff was very nice and professional. The food was very good. There are a great verity of restaurants. The owner usually helped by writing down food I was interested in and I would show the spelling to the shop owners and get just what I wanted. The owner helped us with information as we planned to take the train to our next country. Thank heavens he helped because it became beneficial.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank She B
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Sandwich, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2011

My friend and I stayed here for 4 nights Oct.26-29, 2011 It was a very good deal as beds were very comfortable, the bathroom modern, the room was huge though the buidling was a very old one and the furnishings a bit dated. We had a room two flights up which was only a problem if you had a lot of luggage to haul (no elevator). We faced onto Florianska St. which could be a problem in warm weather with windows open because of the noise. Lots of activity in this area and lots of young people on the street partying. We were a block and a half from the main square so the location at that price is hard to beat. The continental breakfast is adequate for the $3. The reception area is only staffed until 8 pm but the breakfast room was available for making tea etc. We did find it cumbersome to have to use different keys to access our room (front door, door to our hallway and door to our room). The receptionist Patricia was very nice and helpful.

Room Tip: I think the rooms on the floor with the reception area and breakfast room look more appealing from t...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank capebonj
Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

We found this little gem online and what a great place. Centrally located and Piotr the manager most helpful and very friendly with advice, directions and suggestions. He recommended the restaurant Jarema and we were so impressed we ate there both nights we were in Krakow. Our room had the most amazing exposed brickwork and sandstone arches dating back a few centuries. The room was very spacious, bathroom clean and neat and the beds super comfortable. Only criticism is that the room should perhaps feature more period or classical pieces and not Ikea furniture, to fit with the history of the place. Breakfast was ample and good value for money. They kindly stored our luggage which we picked up at 8 that night to catch our overnight train to Prague. Check out is at 11 am. Will definitely stay there again if in Krakow.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Stephan K
Leadville, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2011

A friend and I stayed at Trecius for four days in September, 2011 and we don't think we could have found a better deal. The room was spartan but large with a bathroom that was cute, functional, and spotless. It's just a 2 minute walk from the main square. The staff was very helpful and spoke excellent English.

If you're into exploring Krakow and want a convenient, safe location to do it from, this is a great choice. If you're into lounging in a hotel and ordering room service, it isn't. I would love to return to Krakow, and if I do, I'll stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ellen C
Berkeley, California USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Like other reviewers, I found the outstanding staff to be friendly and extremely helpful. I stayed in room 5, the "small double," which was more than adequate for me as a solo traveller. In fact, it would have been fine for me and my usual travelling companion as well, since we're quite accustomed to smallish budget rooms. The continental breakfast was more than adequate for me, too--fresh rolls with butter and jam, juice, tea or coffee, and (I seem to recall) yogurt.

My room and the breakfast room were clean, comfortable, and quite pleasant. However, I must admit that the street noise did get to me at times. There were a couple of amplified street "singers" on the nearby corner whom I wanted to strangle. On the other hand, it is true that the location so close to the main square is atmospheric and super-convenient. Overall, the Trecius is good value for money, and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo