“Polish Cuisine”
Review of Bar Smak

Bar Smak
Ranked #164 of 1,756 Restaurants in Krakow
Cuisines: Polish
Description: This is really a restaurant worth mentioning and I'd like to give it a short T/A review. We were in Krakow for three days and we ate there twice. It's just off where one of the entrances to the main square is and next to tram stops. It's where locals eat, very unpretentious, and the food is genuine Polish and very inexpensive—and delicious! There is an English menu so it's easy to choose what you want and to order it. The two times we were there, it wasn't crowded and there was no waiting. It was very peaceful and quiet and well ventilated. Well worth knowing about. There was a blog about it on your website.
Reviewed 24 May 2012

You order at the counter. Five minutes later your Polish culinary selections are brought to your table. High quality fast food.

1  Thank AdvocateForAll

Reviewed 23 April 2012

If you are wanting a filling, hearty meal for next to nothing, you've found your place. You order at the counter. The lady at the counter did not speak English, but had the menu had English descriptions. I had a plate with mashed potates, shredded beets and a fried pork chop (Weiner Shnitzel?). I don't remember exactly what I paid, but it was very little and the food was good and hot.

1  Thank KaptinKirk
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We tucked into some of he local food here and it was great. Started with some soups and bread and then some Polish sausage and a few beers. The value was outstanding and the service was friendly. even if you aren't on a budget this does seem to be quite a local place that just does local food instead of trying to ply the tourist trade. Definitely worth it.

1  Thank BlairHesp
Reviewed 6 March 2012

This restaurant was a few blocks from the hotel so an easy pick after a long day of walking. It is self-service in that you order at the bar. They have English versions of the menu which is helpful. I had pirogies and my husband had pork with pickled beets and mashed potatoes and comes with a bowl of chicken noodle soup - all for the price of about 18 zl or $6 US. They also have beer which is nice. The servings are huge, hot and delicious. We enjoyed our meal enough that we ate there a second time when my husband had goulash which was also very good. Good choice for a quick, satisfying, authentic and inexpensive meal.

1  Thank ABQJane
Reviewed 29 January 2012

I ate there evey day during my week in Karakow - great food, generous servings and immensely tasty at great prices. What more can a person ask for.

1  Thank Passepartout55