“Old Town Apartments, Krakow - Colonial 2”

Old Town Apartments
Ranked #59 of 422 Speciality Lodging in Krakow
Warsaw, Poland
“Old Town Apartments, Krakow - Colonial 2”
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. The apartment was spacious and fairly modern. It was only a 10 minute walk to the Main Square, and the Jewish district Kazimierz was a short walk in the other direction.
I came on a trip with my boyfriend so it was really nice to have the privacy and comfort of an apartment.
There seemed to be alot of extra costs...like 5 extra euro just for internet and the "romance" package I purchased was expensive for what we got (though it was really nice)
Overall, it was great!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Joanna81, Manager at Old Town Apartments, responded to this review, 11 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your review. I am happy to hear you you enjoyed your stay in our apartment.
As for extra costs, I will take a look at them once more and adjust them so that they present a good value for money.
It was very nice to host you and I hope you will visit us again.

Joanna Kobylecka
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 6 April 2012

The price was good, and the apartment was modern, clean, and in a great location. There were only a few things that were a little off. First you have to go to a central office to get situated, this was not explained ahead of time. Travelers might want to know it ahead. Our apartment was a few floors above a nightclub which was pretty loud on Saturday night. Finally, the internet was intermittent, which can prove to make things difficult when trying to plan and plot out where you are going. Overall, it was a nice accommodation for the price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your opinion. We value all comments.
You made a reservation through the external reservation system (booking.com) and there is the information that our apartments are located in a different location than our office (important information tab). Maybe next time you could make a reservation directly with us and we will provide you with all crucial information and apartments location. We also have the option of self check-in (online check-in) and then a visit to our office is not needed, you go straight to an apartment.
As for the noise from the club, we will talk to the administration office of the building and the owner of the club to explain the situation and to prevent any problems in future. I am very sorry you suffered from club's activity. Please accept our apology.
We will also ask our technician to check the internet connection in the apartment.
Thank you once more for your valuable remarks. We promise to improve our quality. I hope you will have a chance to check the improvements in future and visit us again in Old Town Apartments in Krakow.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 March 2012

So this time, I decided to try out renting an apartment instead of checking into hotel or hostel. For one the prices are comparable, with hotels costing abit more. The apartment was in an type oldish building (no elevator) at Józefa Dietla 75, a block from corner of Józefa Dietla and Starnowilsna St, where there is a tram stop. (take no 12 only 2 stops to/from Central Station). The apartment was central, in walking distance to just about everything to do. Also we got picked up there for tours. There is a great restaurant downstairs if you don't feel like cooking. There is also a small supermarket downstairs in the building. The check-in procss was easy. They give you a code for the door and a code for the lockbox with your keys. The internet worked however I found it to be a bit slow. There was a faster free open network available! :) Would I stay here again? Yes. It was nice to come to a clean modern furnished apartment and live almost as if you were home. The apartment had everything you needed to get started. I would however recommend they get a flat screen tv to replace the dinosaur in the bedroom. Otherwise everything was fine, very modern Ikea furniture and this quiet studio apartment also had a washing machine and small terrace overlooking the courtyard!

Room Tip: Quiet small studio on 3rd floor overlooking courtyard.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Joanna81, Manager at Old Town Apartments, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay in our apartment. However, I see there are still things we need to improve like TV or WiFi. We will work on it for sure. Thank you for your valuable suggestions. I hope you will visit us again soon.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Because of the time of the train was change, we need to find a place for one night. Old Town Apartments was cheaper than others. Then we booked two rooms. Thanks for the staff waited for us until 9pm. They prepared the map for us to find the apartment. Although we didn't live in the apartment look likes the photos, we're very satisfy with the apartment. The place was large and nearby the old town. Only one thing is not so good, which the location is not easy to find and there were some keys, we must learn how to open and knock the door.

Room Tip: Beware, the office is not easy to find and you must get the map and then find the apartment by yours...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Joanna81, Manager at Old Town Apartments, responded to this review, 21 March 2012
Dear Guests,
Thank you for posting your review. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay in general.
You made a reservation through the external reservation system and there is no option of presenting the photos of all our apartments (in Krakow we have 30 apartments). When booking directly thorugh our website you can see specific apartments and their photos as well as other important information.
We have 30 apartments located in 3 different buildings, the office is located within 5-10 minutes walk from the apartments. During the check-in guests receive photo directions and maps with detailed information how to get to apartments. As apartments are located in residential buildings, sometimes you need to use 3 keys to get inside. The procedure is needed for safety reasons. All instructions about using the keys are also given to guests during check-in.
We do our best so that all procedures are easy. We always listen attentively to all comments from our guests as thanks to them we are able to be more customer friendly.
Once more, thank you for your opinion! It is very important for us.

Faversham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I decided to book with Old Town Apartments after a particularly unpleasant experience with a rival company. I still can't believe that for the same price I paid for a dirty, noisy, almost derelict room with Old City Apartments, I got a modern, warm, bright and comfortable apartment in the heart of the city and a level of Customer Service that shames what we Brits have come to accept in England.
The taxi that collected me from the airport was a nice Mercedes people carrier, driven by Artur, who was friendly and competent and a genuinely pleasant man who pointed out the various sights en route to Krakow. The Office Manager, Joanna, and her colleague, also called Joanna, were intelligent and friendly, (and very attractive - I might be an old fogey but I can still appreciate an office full of pretty girls!) they processed me efficiently and gave me a detailed orientation pack containing maps, directions and apartment instructions.
The Galaxy apartment was a short walk from the Main Square in a street with a large choice of shops and restaurants. The apartment was clean, warm and stylish - Ikea furniture, fitted kitchen, comfortable beds, very large bathroom - incredible value for money.
I had a great stay in Krakow, loved the apartment and the warm welcome I received from this company. They should be responsible for training other similar companies!
Can't wait to return!

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Joanna81, Manager at Old Town Apartments, responded to this review, 2 March 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive review. It's very rewarding for the whole Old Town Apartments Team to hear feedback like that :) We are ready to work even harder so the quality of our service is always high. We all look forward to seeing you again in lovely Krakow.