All reviews city centre wi fi train station short stay parquet floor reception arena bath interior
Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Rooms are basic but comfortable. The hotel is literally a minutes walk from the city centre and five minutes from the main train station. Lots of restaurants around if you don't want to use the hotel one. Breakfast is a mix of cold continental and a few hot sausages and eggs. Wi-Fi is good in the rooms and the restaurant.
Good for a short stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 3 March 2018

Stayed here for 4 days for an event in the Spodek arena, as my title says we were out most of the day so the room did what it was required do, just a place to rest our heads.

The room was small and somewhat dated but overall I cannot fault the comfort of the beds, cleanliness and temperature.

The only downside was our shower, more of an attachment to the bath than an actual shower.

The staff were friendly when we spoke with them. Overall, a nice hotel in the centre of Katowice.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with friends
Hotel K, Kierownik ds. PR at Hotel Katowice Economy, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2018

Thank you for your opinion :) Come again :)

Reviewed 19 January 2018 via mobile

Very nice and clean. 5 mins walkaway from the train station and 30 mins by cab to the airport! Loved it. In the middle of the center, shops all around and groceries. Had a beautiful walk around. I would rly suggest visitors to stay in katowice hotel as the prices are the best

Stayed: January 2018
Hotel K, Kierownik ds. PR at Hotel Katowice Economy, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2018

Thank you for the opinion :) It was very nice to welcome you in our hotel :) Come again :)

Reviewed 27 November 2017

The hotel is very affordable, so I did not expect much. Still, the smell of the room as I entered was not encouraging. The parquet floor was probably the reason for the smell of "old and used", opening the window did not help. Other than that the room was clean, the bathroom had enough space and the bed was comfortable. Still, I did not sleep at all, as the wall isolation is apparently non-existant. The couple next room had a completely normal conversation, without shouting or anything, and I could hear it all. Whenever the door was shut down the long hall we heard it and felt it. Impossible for me to get a goodnight sleep and of course I forgot the earplugs. The breakfast was good and the staff polite, but since I needed only the overnight stay with a decent amount of sleep, this hotel has failed me in this aspect.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 October 2017

I arrived at 2 am as my flight was late & it was a case of straight to bed. So I didn't pay much attention to the room. I went out around 9.30 am to do some shopping & returned around lunch to drop my shopping off. The room had been serviced which it didn't need as id only been in there several hours. That was the last time it was serviced over the 5 day stay.
Which to be honest it needed doing as I noticed several bite marks around my body, im assuming it was bed bugs. I complained to a receptionist but her English was not great but I had hoped for something to happen, it didn't. It was awful, I was scratching all night, every night to the point of leaving blood stains on the sheets.
There are no Tea/coffee making facilities.
I had breakfast once which cost about £5 but it wasn't worth that.
Very disappointed in this hotel & the receptionist on check out didn't ask for any feedback.
I am always fair with my reviews & take a few days to think things over. But I cannot think of anything positive to say about this hotel apart from it being quiet.

Room Tip: 308 was awful
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo