All reviews private bathroom per night stayed here old town fridge
Reviewed 16 October 2017

I stayed here 1 night only while been in Gdansk for business, lets say, the Hostel is OK. For students it is super, i might suggest, however for those who appreciate value for money it is a bit loud (no soundisolation), no table to work with PC. That is all about negatives :) Room is quite clean, cheap and they have good breakfast! It is close to old town, which is a really positive side.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 22 September 2017 via mobile

A very nice, clean and friendly accommodation place. I spent here three nights while visiting the city. If we are to compare with (some) other hostels around Europe, this one is a very modern one ... I totally recommend it especially if you travel with your family (one or even two kids).

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

I loved Gdansk and was warmly welcomed by the happy and friendly team at Filip 2: Robert, Karolina, Elena and Natasha. The side was let down by P. whose customer service skills were distinctly lacking. I had booked months in advance of my stay but the hotel's internal database did not have a room allocated for me. Robert apologised sincerely and had no choice other than to allocate 3 separate rooms (as per availability). I originally booked a 3 bunk room with private bathroom for 5 nights. I had this for night one, moved into a double room with bath for nights 2,3,4 and then downstairs into what I called "the bunker" for night 5 where I was in a dark 6 bunk room with showers but still on my own. The inconvenience of switching rooms was not ideal. The first 2 rooms (ground floor) had street facing windows with cheap, thin blinds. The only way to retain privacy is to keep the blinds pulled down, otherwise your movements are in full view. The deep bath was great. I was given 1 towel and just 1 small cake of soap by P. at each room change which I thought was 'lousy'. However when I requested more soap to wash some clothes Karolina happily obliged. Note - if you use shampoo bring your own as none is provided. Both rooms on the ground floor were very noisy due to traffic. Church bells pealing loudly for 3 mins at 6:30am and 7:30am did not help. The kitchens are well equipped, tea and coffee is available any time. I made my own breakfasts but you can purchase them for 15 zloty per night.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 28 June 2016

Nice Hostel. The rooms are a bit small, but nice and clean. Private bathroom, shared kitchen with free coffee and tea. Staff is friendly, they even did laundry for us for free! The Hostel is very close to the center, all attraction can be reached by walking.

Date of stay: June 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights for £40 - and that's for both nights! £20 per night.
We stayed in the deluxe quad room but just two of us. Private bathroom, double bed and a bunk bed.
Very modern and clean hostel, quirky interior. Big plasma screen tv and fridge in room. Free and decent wifi.
Staff are very helpful and their English is perfect.
Better than hotel standard!
A short 10 minute walk to the old town and 15 minute walk to the main train and bus station.
Would 100% stay again!

Date of stay: January 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple