All reviews pool and sauna business trip city centre great bed called reception la brasserie quick check relaxing atmosphere big bathroom quality sleep great hotel body lotion parking place czech republic small gym clean rooms tram stop
Reviewed 18 June 2018

Lovely hotel close to the city center.
Good quality rooms and friendly staff, good breakfast with great waiters.
Indoor swimming pool with sauna and massage facilities.
I really enjoyed my stay great bars.

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
ImperialOstrava, Generální ředitel at Imperial Hotel Ostrava, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

Dear Paul,
thank you very much for the detail feedback of your stay. It is always nice to read that guests are satisfied with provided services. I am really happy you enjoyed your stay and I am looking forward to your future visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

Friendly staff, clean rooms. very well situated for the night life as Hotel is directly downtown. Recommend a room facing away from the main street, as it was noisy until the early hours of the morning. overall good stay.

Dear Guest,
thank you for choosing Imperial Hotel during your visit of Ostrava and thank you also for the time you spent to share with us your experience with its services. I am really glad your enjoyed your stay and I am looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 June 2018 via mobile

Imperial is good for me because of the location, walking distance from our office. I have stayed here many times.

The quality of service varies unfortunately. Some staff members are not very polite, but many are very nice and competent.

This time the weather was very hot and humid, but the AC was not working, colleagues said the same. Maybe it was to save in electricity, but not good for us guests.

Breakfast is good, plenty to choose from. Excellent coffee.

The most modern shopping center Nova Carolina is just five minutes walk away. Behind the hotel on the pedestrian street there is a reasonably good pizzeria.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lauheino

Dear Lauheino,
thank you for choosing Imperial Hotel during your visits of Ostrava and thank you also for the time you spent to share with us your experience with its services. The feedback as yours helps us to focus on details, there is always a space for improvement. I am looking forward to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 3 June 2018

No air conditioning.
This shouldn't be possible in a four star hotel in 2018.
I called reception and they asked to open the window and sent a table fan, which really did not change the situation.
Basic breakfast.

1  Thank Kimmo97
ImperialOstrava, Generální ředitel at Imperial Hotel Ostrava, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2018

Dear Kimmo,
thank you for your feedback on your recent visit to Imperial Hotel. I really appreciate your opinion as it gives us the necessary tips and ideas on how to improve our service.
It is with pleasure to announce, that we will go on with the room reconstructions as I understand your inconvenience with missing air-condition. I do hope you will return one day - leisure or business. I would be very happy to welcome you and present actions taken.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

I have stayed at this hotel on multiple occasions for many years. It is the grande dame of Ostrava hotels and a place of long tradition which means both good and bad things. For the good the hotel is right in the centre of the "old town" in Ostrava which is a very sprawling city. The hotel is very quiet and relaxed. It went through several phases of refurbishment in recent decades so the accommodation is a very colourful mix of grades and styles. The standard queen bed rooms are very small (even reminiscent of hotels in Tokyo) still they are kind of cosy and welcoming. I dislike the flimsy sliding door used for the bathroom. The rooms on the top floor are in the most recent design which is slightly generic and uninspiring with lots of grey carpets but again very clean and easy to use. The business class rooms are spacious but the king bed is made of two twins stuck together not really good for one person. The hotel restaurant is quite classy with a very pleasant relaxing atmosphere and a rich breakfast spread. There is also a fine and clean in-door swimming pool on the premises. On the downside the hotel is getting quite worn from the outside (especially the Communist era section - the hotel is in fact three connected buildings). Also the interior could do with some further refurbishment and refresh, especially the lower floors. Another issue is a sewage smell occurrence in the bathrooms which I experienced several times in the "warm" months likely due to some old piping though not quite unexpected in Ostrava. Finally the hotel staff are mostly working really hard to please, I find this quite rare in the Czech Republic and definitely this is a big plus. That said with the opening of new Mercure hotel nearby, Park Inn and several other establishment Imperial hotel has a lot of catching up because it is usually priced the same as its peers but now clearly lagging behind the new places.

Room tip: High floor refurbished rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Guest,
thank you for the time you spent to share with us your experience with the services of the Imperial Hotel. I really appreciate your detail feedback, both positive and negative, as it is essential to the improvement of our service standards at the hotel. We are aware of some disadvantages caused by operating and old building, on the other side I am really proud of my team. My colleagues always do their best to satisfied client's requirements and your words are prove of it.
I hope you stay with us in the future and I am looking forward to welcome you back soon.