See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 June 2017

situated down a sad looking street is a very clean and comfortable hotel. It also is a restaurant and serves good food. The rooms are well appointed, if on the small side. There is a courtyard which adds to pleasing environment. Close to a number of the main tourist sites and restaurants. Friendly and helpful staff.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

I didn't think the owner/manager was honest or interested in making the guest happy. I read about the noisy front rooms on Trip Advisor but the place sounded nice and handy to everything. So, prior to confirming the booking, I requested a quiet room and it was confirmed by email that we'd have a room on the courtyard. It turned out we were actually allocated a room right on the very busy little connecting road. Mmmmm, forgetful or deceptive? They said we could change to a room on the side street but assured us that there would hardly be any cars at night and the room we had was fine. I asked about drunk pedestrian traffic and was again assured that, being a Monday, it would be fine. Ok, why would they not speak the truth a second time?

About an hour and a half later, after returning to the room for a shower before dinner and hearing just how noisy the room was, I asked that we be moved. I was told that both other rooms had since been booked. Mmmmm again, really? I suspect that this was another untruth. Anyway the street was busy with cars and home going drinkers until after midnight. The cars came back at 6 am.

I can put up with a noisy room if it is my mistake. However, I don't like being lied to and misled. Very bad business. At 49 Euro it wasn't all that cheap either. There are other little pensions in side streets that are likely better.

Further to all this, we had a car and was directed to a car park about a kilometre away. 5 crowns for 24 hours. I got there and all spots were 2 hour max. Drove back to the pension. Oops, wrong directions, wrong car park. Drove to the area with the correct car park and, after a little more trouble, finally got the car tucked away.

To be fair, the rooms were quite nice and it was close to the lower square. If you are a good sleeper, don't have a car and are not worried by what you are told this place might suit. Otherwise, not recommended.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nobbo
Reviewed 16 May 2017

The Penzion is located in a refurbished historical building close to one of the main squares. It's not a luxury hotel, but the rooms are comfortable, the breakfast very good and the people very friendly. Breakfast is served in their cozy cafe on the ground floor that's open all day. I think for the price, you can't do much better. It's also close to the tram (line 1 or 7) from the station.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank martin_berlin
Reviewed 5 April 2017

From the outside you think OMG what i have booked to stop in but inside it is really nice. The bathroom is modern and very clean. In the bedroom you get a table with coffee and tea and a kettle and some haribos. The beds are a bit hard but I do like a hard bed, the only thing I didn't like was the sheets they were not cotton a bit like a towelling type of thing. The is no air con, on the door it does say not to charge up things only things for personal hygiene ummm yeah right.

I went down for breakfast you do get a lot, ham cheese a selection of bread, a donut type thing a yoghurt, orange juice, salad, not my type of breakfast, they didn't tell me you could have cereal which was on the bar i would have had that instead. Looked really nice and a good selection.

You get your own key for the front door and room. There is a terrace outside for smokers.

The hotel is about a 5 minute walk to the town hall square plenty of places to eat. In the other direction for about 15 minutes you get to the shopping mall.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank cocoloui
Reviewed 15 August 2016

Pros: The location of the property is close to the center, everything is in walking distance. The room was clean, the bathroom was large and had a large window. Wifi worked well. Free gummy bears are always welcome.

Cons: There is no parking option for the property, you have to find and pay for parking somewhere else. The room is rather small-ish. There was some considerable noise and shouting from the street during the night, which made sleeping difficult. A fridge in the room would have been nice. Few and unconveniently placed electric sockets. No credit card accepted, only cash. The guesthouse is likely a member of the International Conspiracy of Hotels against People Using Soaps, for there is no soap holder in the shower which makes taking a shower a difficult exercise.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple