“Bad service, poor food, good beer.”
Review of U vsech certu

U vsech certu
Ranked #36 of 1,053 Restaurants in Brno
Cuisines: Czech
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

The waiter was very rude (a man with a tattoo on his hand). I have never encountered such bad service. He put plates and mugs on the table with noise and did not hide his irritation. The beer was very tasty. Poor food. We will definitely never come there again.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed 30 April 2018

It's a shame, that this nice restaurant with good food has such a bad customer service. Me and my colleagues came there two weeks ago with the business customers from Finland. The rest of the group came a bit earlier than me. They were 8 people sitting in the corner table and there were no free seats when I came, so I took a chair for myself from the next table. There were 3-4 tables around with no customers. After two minutes a waitress (who spoke perfect English) came to ask me "Did you ask someone if you can take the chair??". I thought that I heard wrong, so I asked "Sorry, what did you say?". She repeated "did you ask someone a permission to take the chair from that table". I was just so confused, no I didn't. She started to blame me that I should have asked for a permission as there might be a reservation. I told I checked the table, there is no "resevation" note on the table and she continued "not yet, but later there might be. You should have asked someone before taking the chair" and she was making the faces at the same time wanting to tell me I'm an idiot. I didn't really say anything because I couldn't believe that the waitress was blaming me for taking a chair for myself from the empty table. We were a group of 9 people, it was so close they almost lost us all. Brno is a lovely city and all the business customers love to come here, but this kind of a service just doesn't make a good image about customer service in Brno and people in general. They were all stunned and just asked "what the h**l just happened???" And I felt so ashamed for the restaurant, although I don't even know why... Later on, some people came on that table where I took the chair from. They were 3 people so they didn't even need the 4th chair.

Date of visit: April 2018
1  Thank siljahyvarinen
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

We had dinner in this pub, and it was a great experience. We loved the "dark" theme of the place. We enjoyed some "infernal" food and we enjoyed their beer. It was a nice experience overall.

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Ate here tonight. We'd had typical Czech food and pizza and wanted something more middle of the road. The schnitzel was a little dry and salty for our taste but the devil's pitchfork was great. I didn't realize what it was from the description - I thought it was grilled meat and bacon - and the large skewer of meat, peppers, onions and aubergine was a nice surprise. The fried potatoes with thyme was very nice too. Personally I preferred a dark beer from another brewery, but it was fine. The main waitress we had was very good and didn't rush us. I only marked it down to 4 because the waiter who came with the bill took the money and assumed the change would be the tip. If he'd hung on it was going to be more, but then I'd rather the waitress got it.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 25 June 2017

Go just for the location and the choice of quality beers.
Food is average, the side dishes are saparately priced in the menu, so the meals are a bit overpriced if compared to similar beerhouses.
Payment by card means an automatic and additional 2.5 % to the bill in Czech crowns - ok, a practice mentioned in the slip and still ' legal' , - still, no offer was given for the choice of the payment IN the local currency, which is unfair.
In all, payment by card means poor exchange rate in the end.

Date of visit: June 2017