All reviews the main square cash cellar parking castle breakfast apartment
Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

This should have been a top review for this hotel. It is superbly positioned on the historic square, it has been beautifully refurbished with quality showing everywhere and we enjoyed a sumptuous breakfast in the vaulted basement dining room served by a very pleasant waitress.

However, there were some glitches. The bedding on our big double wasn't wide enough, leaving my wife and I in a night-long tug-of-war for a cover.
On our first arrival we were left standing pressing the doorbell for over ten minutes until the proprietor arrived. She was quite uninformative about things such as car parking. She was nowhere to be found when we sought to check out so we left the key and departed only to receive a phone call when many miles away regarding our payment. Having given our credit card details when booking online I assumed that it would be debited for our stay. We had to return to the hotel to pay, when I was told it was cash only. Fortunately I had enough with me. Forewarned is forearmed.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Alan1fromOz
Reviewed 31 May 2016

The hotel is very centrally located in the middle of the main square of Telc. Parking is provided for a small fee. The breakfast was excellent. The only small issue is that the room we had, located on the top level was very small for 2 persons. Better to know that before going. We really like the place otherwise.

Room Tip: Room 5 bellow the roof is very small
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 May 2016

Read carefully! If you are expecting the Intercontinental go to Vienna or Prague. I've stayed at both of them. This is not that kind of place and nor should it be. For me it was actually better because it is small and local. The owner is very nice and very accommodating. The breakfast was fresh and very nice. The room was very clean and bed was perfect. I slept like a log! We had 2 rooms, both facing the historic square and the view was fantastic. As you drive into the upper side of the square this place is on the right side. The building numbers as you drive in might cause some confusion, but it is very close to the end of the square. I will add a pic at some point.

Room Tip: Ask when you reserve for one of the 2 rooms facing the square
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank jmorog
Reviewed 24 August 2015

This really was a cut above. A very well run pension with interesting and good quality breakfasts. We had the room at the front looking over the main square which was excellent. Brilliant showers. The manager of the pension is helpful and efficient. We hired bikes from the pension which has a sufficient number available. We will be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom E
Reviewed 27 July 2015

The hotel is located in the center of town, which is very easy to navigate and walk around the sights of Telc. The nearby restaurants real authentic dishes await visitors. There is a breakfast housed in a renovated basement. A long table sit the guests. The breakfast is delicious and varied enough. I recommend the hotel for 1-2 days stay there.

Stayed: June 2015