“Amazing staff, wonderful hotel”
Review of Hotel General

Hotel General
Ranked #21 of 648 Hotels in Prague
Reviewed 15 June 2012

This hotel is beautiful; well placed and a delight to stay in however what made the visit even more enjoyable were the wonderful staff; very friendly, efficient and kind. I chose this place as a treat for my sister and her husband to celebrate a special birthday and the staff were so helpful to me from the time I made the booking; they offered to help in any way they could and they certainly did. Absolutely wonderful, they helped make some wonderful memories for my sister and her husband and the hotel manager is to be congratulated for running such a wonderful hotel and have such a brilliant team

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in this hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CalanSurrey
RingaileM, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Dear CalanSurrey,

I would like to thank you for such warm review on our hotel. It was a pleasure to hear that your sister and her husband enjoyed their stay with us and that we were able to make their celebration even more special. Such warm words of appraise and guests satisfaction are the best reward for our team work. We thank you for that.

With warm regards from Prague

Hotel General team & Ringaile Radojevic

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

We (my husband and I and my sister) had the pleasure to stay at the Hotel General from the 30th of May to the 3rd of June 2012. Planning our get-aways is left up to me, and with my sister joining us this time, the pressure was on to select just the right hotel to rest our feet after a day of exploring Prague. Thank goodness I chose this hotel.
There isn't much to add that hasn't already been written, but I couldn't let this chance go by without throwing in my two cents.
We arranged to be picked up at the airport with the service offered by the hotel for a very reasonable price. Our driver was friendly, open and helpful...a good first impression of what was to come. Upon arrival we received a glass of champagne (lovely and refreshing after our flight) and a thorough run-through of where to go in Prague, what transportation is available, along with some restaurant recommendations. We were upgraded to a junior suite, with a very comfortable bed, plenty of room, a large, well equipped bathroom and a view over the street. My sister had a single, with a comfy bed, all the amenities you would expect, along with a wonderful shower. Both rooms had a kettle, a teapot and teacups as well as a supply of teas and coffee. I can't tell you how much we appreciated this. Definitely a nice touch and something I wish all hotels would offer.
After settling in, we headed out for the rest of the day.
Upon arriving back at the hotel, we were greeted by the doorman and the front desk clerk, always with a smile and open for a chat if you were so inclined. Breakfast, included with the room, was perfect. There was a buffet to choose from, as well a selection of eggs, pancakes or french toast you could order from a separate menu. I highly recommend the french toast. :) Everything was fresh and tasty and constantly checked for quantity and quality by waitstaff.
This is pretty much how it went for our entire stay. Never disappointed, but pleasantly surprised by how friendly and helpful everyone was at the Hotel General.
Much has been written about the distance from the hotel to the centre, but this really isn't an issue. The tram is very close by, easy to use and quite inexpensive. Of course, you can walk into town in about 20 minutes, which is the method we choose most of the time. This also gives you the chance to see areas of Prague that you might miss if you stay in the centre.
If we ever find ourselves back in this lovely and charming city, we will stay at the Hotel General.
Thanks to all the staff for making our stay memorable.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank dutchcan

Dear dutchcan,

On the behalf of all hotel General I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel and for such warm review. It was a great pleasure to know that we were able to meet your expectations and that our hotel became a part of your memorable Prague experience.
We thank you for these kind words and hope that on your next trip to Prague we will meet you again at the hotel General.

With warm regards and best wishes from Hotel General team

Reviewed 12 June 2012

Everything was excelent!!!
We had a wonderful stay. The room and breakfast were excelent.
They explain personallized the most important thing of Prague. They gave us very good recomendations for restaurants and different activities.
All the staff make you feel very comfortable.
The hotel is 10-15 minutes walking from the Charles Bridge and it has very good transport.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jprietoa
RingaileM, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Dear jprietoa,

On the behalf of all hotel General Team I would like to thank you for your stay at the hotel General and for the time that you have found to share Your experience with the others. We thank you for your review and kind words.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

It was a pleasure to stay in your hotel in june 2012. Your service was excelent. your staff was aways very obliging. I want to point out Ibrahim. He was very cooperative and friendly. The room was clean and very comfortable. The desk staff helps us to had an enjoyable stay in Prague. I would like always to abidance again in your hotel when I have the next oportunaty to visit Prague in the future.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dieter B

Dear Dieter B,

On the behalf of all hotel General team I would like to thank you and your friends once again for choosing us for your stay and for your review.
We were pleased to hear that all of you have enjoyed your stay to the fullest and hotel General became the part of your Prague experience. We thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers.

With best regards from Hotel General team

Reviewed 11 June 2012

What a great choice for a few days in Prague. The check in process was superb. If you have never stayed in Prague, you are given all of the information that you need explore the city. Once checked in, the accommodations were comfortable and the staff was friendly and informative. The breakfast was a treat, there was plenty of food to provide you with the fuel to go exploring. The location of the hotel is two blocks from a transit hub. From this location you can get anywhere in the city. Additionally, we found two very good restaurants in the area. You have everything you need to enjoy Prague when you stay at the General.

Room Tip: Even if you choose a room facing the street, the windows are so solid that you will rarely hear traf...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Donald G

Dear Donald G,

On the behalf of all hotel General team I would like to thank you once again for choosing us for your stay and for your review.
We were pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and that our hotels team work have made your stay even more enjoyable. We thank you for sharing your experience with other travelers.

With best regards from Hotel General