Hotel General
  • Bar/Lounge
US$ 135
US$ 125
1,480 results
All reviewswelcome drinkold townwonderful hotelsmall hotelthe hotel staffminute walkpublic transporttram and metrotwo blocksthe entire stafffive star hotelcity centrethe main touristcharles bridgebreakfast was excellenthighly recommend this hotelquiet area
Reviewed 23 May 2012

Thankyou to all the friendly, helpful staff.
Surrounding decor was high quality and well maintained.
Initial greeting, refreshments, orientation and information was excellent.
The upgraded room was luxurious and we felt special. So many extras in the room added to that special touch.
The quality of the breakfast including service was faultless.
All requests were attended to promptly and with such genuine intent to please.
Location was terrific. We are walkers so did not use public transport, but it was so close if needed.
The hotel was a little gem tucked away and we were fortunate to discover.

Room Tip: Don#t know as I did not check any others out.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sandydeeWA
RingaileM, Director of Sales at Hotel General, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2012

Dear sandydeeWA,

On the behalf of hotel General team, I would like to thank you for your stay with us and for sharing your experience with others.

With best regards,
Ringaile Radojevic

Reviewed 23 May 2012

I was extremely impressed with this hotel. The rooms were beautiful and the front desk staff very friendly and helpful. What really impressed me about this hotel was one night I lost my phone in a taxi cab; I quickly realized and asked the front desk staff to call the cab company to see if he could retrieve it. The front desk clerk not only called the cab company 2 times that night, he also called the restaurant I had eaten dinner at (without me even asking). When I came back down 30 minutes later to see if there had been any progress, he was reviewing the front entrance security camera footage to see if he could make out the license plate of the taxi cab. To me this service was above and beyond; he could easily have given up as soon as I went to my room. The next morning I went down to ask if the new desk clerk to try the cab company again; the message had already been passed on to her by the night staff and she had already made two phone calls.

Apart from great service, the location is perfect and the free breakfast is fantastic. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, and would return there on any future visits to Prague.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris L

Dear Chris L,

On the behalf of all hotel General team I would like to thank you for your stay with us and for sharing your experience with the other travelers.
It is a pity for us that we could not do more for retrieving your lost phone and that our search haven't brought better results and the phone was not found. We only hope that despise this loss you have enjoyed your stay in Prague to the fullest.
We thank you for your review once more and hope that you will visit our hotel again in the nearest future.

With warm regards from General

Ringaile Radojevic

Reviewed 19 May 2012

Really excellent and hospitable hotel in an interesting area with plenty of restaurants and bars. It is easy to get into the centre via an enjoyable twenty minute walk along the river, or alternately a walk via the almost rural area leading to the castle district. Here there are fantastic panaramas of Prague, including fom the cafe terrace near the old hunger wall. We found the staff to be very helpful and always approachable, and providing helpful information regarding local transport, places to see and so on. There was wine on arrival and slippers and dressing gowns in the bedroom, testament to the thought and care that has clearly gone into the hotel. We would thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ian t

Dear Ian T,

On the behalf d of the hotel General team I would like to thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Prague and for sharing your experience with the others.

Hotel General team

Reviewed 18 May 2012

This is a real nice hotel with a staff that has high morale and makes the top effort to be the best they can be. Rooms are beautiful, dining room and bar as well. The only thing that I didn't get a full sense of from tripadvisor is the location. It's not a bad location. But it's about a 20 minute walk to old town. There are a few restaurants within walking distance at the Metro station (2 blocks away), but the nicer restaurants are all a tram ride or 20 minute walk.....The area is sort of deserted at night. Now that said, with a hotel this nice it would probably cost a fortune if it were right in the old town. So if you want a REALLY nice hotel, and you're willing to save some bucks to be slightly out of the main area, then this is a good find for you.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank bearcatMark

Dear bearcatMark,

On the behald of all hotel General team I would like to thank you once again for staying with us and for sharing your experience with other travelers.

With best wishes from hotel General

Ringaile Radojevic - DOS

Reviewed 18 May 2012

My daughter and myself chose the hotel from the internet based on the location not having previously visited Prague and we were very pleased with our choice. Whilst the hotel is siuated outside the old town it has excellent transport links(metro/tram) not that far away. The staff at the hotel were first class and both welcoming and helpful. We liked the idea that each room had a picture of a general on both the hotel room door and inside. The rooms were both spacious and comfortable, with all modern amenities. The breakfast was excellent with a wide chioce to suit all needs.

Room Tip: The hotel is located in a quiet area of Prague so without checking each room cannot make a comment.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family