“Radek- The History Buff”

Radek Cizek Guide Tours
Ranked #219 of 596 Tours in Prague
More attraction details
Owner description: I am the local licensed Prague guide. I can offer you tailor-made tours both in Prague and all around the Czech Republic. I will show you both highlights and hidden corners. You can choose from general, comprehensive tours and special tours. As I know this city very well, I can give you lot of recommendations where to eat, shop, where to listen nice music or which gallery to visit. Enjoy Prague!
Reviewed 10 June 2016

Radek took us to the Jewish section of Prague and showed us the synagogues. His knowledge of the history of the Jews in Prague was amazing! I learned wonderful stories from him about the synagogues, the cemetery, the rabbis and the people of Prague. He knows the Jewish customs and holidays and even the Hebrew and Yiddish words for many items involved. We spent 4 hours with him and could have spent more but the synagogues were closing. Thank you for a most amazing tour! I hope to visit Prague again some day. Beth and David S.

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"history"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 8 June 2016

Radek was knowledgeable, funny and made our tour of Prague one of the best we
have ever experienced. Radek knows his city and his pride comes out in his tour. With so much to see in and around Prague, do yourself a favor and have Radek show his city.

Reviewed 20 January 2016

Our tour of Prague was well tailored to our requests. We were shown many things we would not have known to ask about and given many insights we would not know to request. We chose to tour for 6 hours, I think 5 hours would have been sufficient (both because of coverage of sights and fatigue).
Radek has excellent English and was easy to understand. He was friendly and helpful. He was early to our hotel lobby and explained trolly ticket purchase and use as well as directed us to the better places to obtain currency..
Prague is a lovely city and, without either a lot of research or help like Radek provides, one is likely to miss much of it charms. After our tour we understood the layout of Prague so we could return on our own to shop or enjoy the ambiance again (like the Charley bridge).

Wear good walking shoes as most areas are very uneven.

We did not use a private tour for the Castle. The Castle easily takes a whole day and the hand held recorders to a good job of explaining the exhibits. I recommend doing that on you own.

Reviewed 13 January 2016

Radek brought Prague to light in a magical way. My wife and I accompanied him as we walked and drove about the city on a cold winters day. I am a bit of a history buff, and so I particularly enjoyed his interest and knowledge about ancient and modern history. I remember watching in horror on TV when the Russian troops invaded in 1968, and now we were standing at the site in Wenceslas square where that happened. Radek showed us a picture of Vaclav Havel leaning out of a balcony at the square when he was a student amidst the crowds on that marvellous day when Mr. Havel took office. Thanks Radek - best wishes to you. Mary Ellen McNaughton and Bill Nelems.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 November 2015

Radek was great in terms of communication from our first contact through to the actual guiding on a day trip to Cesky Krumlov, 2.25 hours from Prague. He emailed me each time with almost no delay and gave me all the information I needed to communicate to the 8 people for whom I was organizing this day tour once we finished with our Odysseys Unlimited Eastern Europe trip.
He was extremely knowledgeable about the history of the area and about the medieval town of Cesky Krumlov. Since he had a driver for the van he used (and on short notice, he was able to change the size of the van because we added a person), he could talk to us safely as we traveled the considerable distance to CK. Uplifting to the educators among us, Radek brought visuals to share: maps, photographs, editorial cartoons, etc.
In Cesky Krumlov, Radek gave us time to explore on our own once he had given an overview of the town. I am sorry he couldn't have been our guide in the castle because the official castle guide was mediocre. Radek would have brought humor as well as information to the tour.
When I return on my own to Prague, I will engage Radek for another excursion. FYI, I found his fees to be reasonable and I compared his excursion with 5 others.