Radek Cizek Guide Tours
Review Highlights
The only way to see Prague.

Touring Prague with a native is an incredible experience and no one could be better suited to... read more

Reviewed 6 September 2017
Daniel K
Prague With A (Smart and Funny) Friend

I can not think of a better person to navigate a huge city with than Radek. He doesnt just show you... read more

Reviewed 27 August 2017
chriskM7079WZ
Laguna Beach, California

All reviews current events czech republic kutna hora kadek knowledge art history
Reviewed 8 June 2016

Radek was knowledgeable, funny and made our tour of Prague one of the best we
have ever experienced. Radek knows his city and his pride comes out in his tour. With so much to see in and around Prague, do yourself a favor and have Radek show his city.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed 20 January 2016

Our tour of Prague was well tailored to our requests. We were shown many things we would not have known to ask about and given many insights we would not know to request. We chose to tour for 6 hours, I think 5 hours would have been sufficient (both because of coverage of sights and fatigue).
Radek has excellent English and was easy to understand. He was friendly and helpful. He was early to our hotel lobby and explained trolly ticket purchase and use as well as directed us to the better places to obtain currency..
Prague is a lovely city and, without either a lot of research or help like Radek provides, one is likely to miss much of it charms. After our tour we understood the layout of Prague so we could return on our own to shop or enjoy the ambiance again (like the Charley bridge).

Wear good walking shoes as most areas are very uneven.

We did not use a private tour for the Castle. The Castle easily takes a whole day and the hand held recorders to a good job of explaining the exhibits. I recommend doing that on you own.

Date of experience: October 2015
Reviewed 13 January 2016

Radek brought Prague to light in a magical way. My wife and I accompanied him as we walked and drove about the city on a cold winters day. I am a bit of a history buff, and so I particularly enjoyed his interest and knowledge about ancient and modern history. I remember watching in horror on TV when the Russian troops invaded in 1968, and now we were standing at the site in Wenceslas square where that happened. Radek showed us a picture of Vaclav Havel leaning out of a balcony at the square when he was a student amidst the crowds on that marvellous day when Mr. Havel took office. Thanks Radek - best wishes to you. Mary Ellen McNaughton and Bill Nelems.

Date of experience: January 2016
Reviewed 4 November 2015

Radek was great in terms of communication from our first contact through to the actual guiding on a day trip to Cesky Krumlov, 2.25 hours from Prague. He emailed me each time with almost no delay and gave me all the information I needed to communicate to the 8 people for whom I was organizing this day tour once we finished with our Odysseys Unlimited Eastern Europe trip.
He was extremely knowledgeable about the history of the area and about the medieval town of Cesky Krumlov. Since he had a driver for the van he used (and on short notice, he was able to change the size of the van because we added a person), he could talk to us safely as we traveled the considerable distance to CK. Uplifting to the educators among us, Radek brought visuals to share: maps, photographs, editorial cartoons, etc.
In Cesky Krumlov, Radek gave us time to explore on our own once he had given an overview of the town. I am sorry he couldn't have been our guide in the castle because the official castle guide was mediocre. Radek would have brought humor as well as information to the tour.
When I return on my own to Prague, I will engage Radek for another excursion. FYI, I found his fees to be reasonable and I compared his excursion with 5 others.

Date of experience: September 2015
Reviewed 7 June 2015

If you are flipping through websites looking for a guide to help you experience Prague, look no more.

We, meaning my husband and I and our 93 and 85 year old mothers, visited Prague for 3 days following our Viking River Cruise. Radek arranged a car and driver to transport us around the city and these 2 were some of the best of vacation. As others have noted, he is a virtual encyclopedia of knowledge of culture and history. Having grown up under communist rule, he had a unique perspective and we learned so much. One afternoon, he took us to a cafe in his neighborhood so we could experience the non-tourist side of the city.

He was always on-time, suggested good restaurants and a gem of a guide. Look no more.

Date of experience: April 2015